Thread: RichardH Contact me please.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    He wasn’t at Kempton as he was still in hospital, so maybe he was....

This one is a bit more difficult, your parts were returned to you Mike and signed for as in good condition.

Yes absolutely they were delayed but the couriers legal responsibility ends with that signature, given it seems that your elderly neighbour signed for the parcel and didn’t notice it had been opened and the barrel and cylinder were missing responsibility becomes somewhat cloudy.

However given you’ve waited ages I don’t have much of a choice here, the paintwork cost I have already waived let me know whether you would prefer .177 or .22 and I will order a replacement barrel & cylinder, Cerakote it to match and courier it to your nominated RFD.

I hope that closes this one off

Rich
    Rich,
    When I contacted Holts they never mentioned anything to do with hospitals or surgery (I also never mentioned anything to do with why I was wanting to contact you as not there business) , they apologised and said you should be at Kempton, they obviously weren't aware of the seriousness of your condition, I hope you are on the mend.

I've used parcelforce myself many times and I thought they contacted the recipients also in the case of missing items, I've heard nothing from them regarding these or yourself for two months?
    You told me on the phone you were going to speak to them that day as the quite distinctive part should hopefully be on the van or at the depot.
    I've still got the round cardboard box with the bit of tape on the end thats open that you sent the parts in as per the pictures I sent you.

As for the neighbour signing for it, she wouldn't have known to look at the ends for a bit of loose tape as I didn't even notice myself until I started to open it and as per their terms and conditions she signed to say recieved, not the contents of the parcel :

2.5 When delivering a Consignment, if the particular Service provides for it, Parcelforce Worldwide will request the person who accepts delivery (not necessarily the Recipient in person) to sign an acknowledgment of receipt, which may include signature by electronic means.

It's not cloudy, they were lost in parcel force transit and you shouldn't have to pay for that, I appreciate the offer of replacement parts but you should be compensated via parcel force first and I'm willing to cooperate fully to help, hence why I've kept everything excatly as arrived that day.

I know you don't use pm's on here so I'll contact you on your new mobile number in the morning.

Mike
    Last edited by cozzamec; 16-04-2019 at 10:59 AM.