I'll just add my experience to this.

I gave Richard some working parts of an HW100 last September, I requested the action block and parts were Cerakoted in gunmetal grey and the barrel matt blued. We agreed on a price and I paid in full at the time.

After a couple of months I'd heard nothing so I started chasing him but I got no responses from him. As alast resort I posted on here to try and get a response and eventually he got back to me. Despite repeated promises the parts didn't materialise.

Eventually I got the parts back in a tatty box individually wrapped in screwed up newspaper. Upon looking at them I was shocked at the result. The block parts, silencer, air tube and end cap had been finished in matt black Cerakote not as agreed. The rear block plate was missing. Worst of all the finish on every part was very poor. There were oversprayed areas, missed areas, contamination in the finish, prior to spraying the items hadn't been correctly prepared so there were excrescences in the finish. The barrel was marked and scratched. The silencer which was in two parts it had been sprayed as one sontne end cap had bonded onto the main body, there were areas over sprayed and parts missed. Worst still most of the parts no longer fit due to over spray and inadequate masking of the internal parts.

I tried the usual methods of trying to get hold of Richard but went via Holts instead to which I got an email from Richard. In the email Richard provided his own explanation and agreed to put it right.

From my previous experiences dealing with Richard I felt sending thebitems back to him wasn't a viable option based on what had already happened.

I emailed Richard back suggesting we settle the matter with as little fuss and publicity as possible. I requested my initial fee back and a replacement action, since then I've heard no more from Richard, he hasn't responded to any emails. As a result I got a friend who's a Crime Scene Manager to take some laboratory photos of the items.

My next step will be to send Richard a formal letter with a copy of the photos on a disc and if I don't get anywhere after a reasonable period I'll be forced to take legal action against him.

This is an unfortunate chain of events and it would have been good if Richard had delivered a quality product and service, but he didn't, in fact far from it.