Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RichardH Contact me please.

Has anyone heard from Rich in the last month??

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I sent him this text message on Thursday

Hi Richard. My name is James Sanders, and last June I sent you my Webley Omega to be re-blued, as well as a cheque for £60 for the work. It's now been 8 months and I still haven't received the refinished rifle, nor any progress reports . I appreciate the circumstances that you have found yourself in, but with respect you have now had the rifle for longer than I have, and I either need the work to be done and returned, or the rifle returned in it's original state along with a refund, and I will get it done elsewhere. I look forward to hearing from you with a resolution to this issue. Haven't heard anything back from him yet..

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I've heard nothing.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I've heard nothing.

Matty
    Anyone?

I understand someone having an injury and being out of action for a while but zero communication I can't understand.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Anyone?

I understand someone having an injury and being out of action for a while but zero communication I can't understand.

Matty
    No I've heard nothing and his phone just keeps going to answer phone, as I've said to Rich from the start, I understood delays in getting the Cerakote and moving premises but it's been the lack of comms that's been frustrating and now very annoying

Still no reply to my emails, texts and voice messages, his mobile is permanently switched off.
    Does anyone know Richard Harvey personally that can speak to him or pm me his new address?

Richard is a good mate of mine.
    Admittedly we’ve not caught up much for the past few years (apart from at the springer bashes) due to circumstances - but he’s a good bloke.
    I’ve tried a few times to contact him in order to help you lads out. However I’m getting the same answer phone as you guys. I can only imagine something is seriously troubling him and I hope it’s sorted soon enough for all parties involved.
    I’ll continue trying to get hold of him.

Best, Craig.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Richard........

Sorry to see you have been unwell. Hope you are better very soon Mate!
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Hi cozzamec did Richard ever get back to you?

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

arnie2b Guest
    Richard has never ripped anyone off afaik for now so I doubt he's going to start. That's what everybody's afraid off and there have been plenty of rip of merchants posting on here before but they've all been removed in the end.
    It is known that he's got health issues so one has to be patient when he's able to he should get back to you.
    No communication is always wrong but you're not in his shoes at the moment much to the annoyance to almost everyone who's posted in this thread.
    I call that tough titty you've just got to be patient, pressurizing him will only have the opposite effect.

I once waited 8 effing years no joke for a dude to do some work on a pair of barrels of mine and he hadn't even started.
    That's when my patience ran low and I got them back as soon as I asked.
    Last edited by arnie2b; 23-03-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Hi cozzamec did Richard ever get back to you?

Kindest regards

Barrel
    Hi Barrel,
    No I've had no replies to any communication, he's stopped posting on the forum also.
    I've now contacted Holts, who have said he will probably be at Kempton!! So can't be that poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie2b View Post
    Richard has never ripped anyone off afaik for now so I doubt he's going to start. That's what everybody's afraid off and there have been plenty of rip of merchants posting on here before but they've all been removed in the end.
    It is known that he's got health issues so one has to be patient when he's able to he should get back to you.
    No communication is always wrong but you're not in his shoes at the moment much to the annoyance to almost everyone who's posted in this thread.
    I call that tough titty you've just got to be patient, pressurizing him will only have the opposite effect.

I once waited 8 effing years no joke for a dude to do some work on a pair of barrels of mine and he hadn't even started.
    That's when my patience ran low and I got them back as soon as I asked.
    Well said. I left a very valuable (to me) pair of barrels with him before Christmas. Yes, I'd like them sorted but I'm not stressing about it as he comes across as a very honourable guy. Until I know what the delay issue is, I'm being patient and trust it will all be OK.

I have had work done by Richard and has always been hard to get hold of. His work is to a very high standard and very reasonable prices.
    He is always juggling his time and when injury strikes a one man band it impact everything.
    Nobody will be ripped off that’s 100%

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

I'll just add my experience to this.

I gave Richard some working parts of an HW100 last September, I requested the action block and parts were Cerakoted in gunmetal grey and the barrel matt blued. We agreed on a price and I paid in full at the time.

After a couple of months I'd heard nothing so I started chasing him but I got no responses from him. As alast resort I posted on here to try and get a response and eventually he got back to me. Despite repeated promises the parts didn't materialise.

Eventually I got the parts back in a tatty box individually wrapped in screwed up newspaper. Upon looking at them I was shocked at the result. The block parts, silencer, air tube and end cap had been finished in matt black Cerakote not as agreed. The rear block plate was missing. Worst of all the finish on every part was very poor. There were oversprayed areas, missed areas, contamination in the finish, prior to spraying the items hadn't been correctly prepared so there were excrescences in the finish. The barrel was marked and scratched. The silencer which was in two parts it had been sprayed as one sontne end cap had bonded onto the main body, there were areas over sprayed and parts missed. Worst still most of the parts no longer fit due to over spray and inadequate masking of the internal parts.

I tried the usual methods of trying to get hold of Richard but went via Holts instead to which I got an email from Richard. In the email Richard provided his own explanation and agreed to put it right.

From my previous experiences dealing with Richard I felt sending thebitems back to him wasn't a viable option based on what had already happened.

I emailed Richard back suggesting we settle the matter with as little fuss and publicity as possible. I requested my initial fee back and a replacement action, since then I've heard no more from Richard, he hasn't responded to any emails. As a result I got a friend who's a Crime Scene Manager to take some laboratory photos of the items.

My next step will be to send Richard a formal letter with a copy of the photos on a disc and if I don't get anywhere after a reasonable period I'll be forced to take legal action against him.

This is an unfortunate chain of events and it would have been good if Richard had delivered a quality product and service, but he didn't, in fact far from it.

Mmmm....What a strange situation this is concerning someone of high repute. I think if I was incapacitated in some way, maybe very ill having customers items seriously delayed for attention, knowing it will cause concern and worry about their return, I would be giving a relative, or friend, access to my email to get some sort of reassuring message out about the state of play.....But, unfortunately, facts are unknown at this stage....Hope it gets resolved soon.