Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: RichardH Contact me please.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    I think he passed away 2 months ago. I may be wrong, but I'm sure there was a thread about it.
    Different Richard.
    The one that Died was an ex moderator of the forum Richard Harley. The one that did the bluiing is Richard Harvey.

Someone earlier in this thread said they visited him in hospital. PM them and see if they know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Someone earlier in this thread said they visited him in hospital. PM them and see if they know anything.
    That was June 23rd...

2 months plus on and...

Don't get me wrong here. I know RH and have met him several times and he is a charming bloke. but no comms at all for 4 months and a bluing job with him for 8 months?

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Different Richard.
    The one that Died was an ex moderator of the forum Richard Harley. The one that did the bluiing is Richard Harvey.
    Aaah, apologies for that. I don't know either guys TBH and with Richard H not getting in touch, i just added 2+2 together and got 5.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    Aaah, apologies for that. I don't know either guys TBH and with Richard H not getting in touch, i just added 2+2 together and got 5.
    No worries Fozzy. Richard Harley was Delta1 on here. He was a moderator and part of the team policing the BBS . Never met him but had online chats here with him. Nice helpful guy.

I don't know the other Richard but he seems a nice guy too. I hope he is getting back to health .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    No worries Fozzy. Richard Harley was Delta1 on here. He was a moderator and part of the team policing the BBS . Never met him but had online chats here with him. Nice helpful guy.

I don't know the other Richard but he seems a nice guy too. I hope he is getting back to health .
    Yep, same here bud. 🖒

Randy Bohannon visited Richard H in June this year, post#98 in this thread.
    I met and had a long chat with Richard at one of Binner's Kempton fairs, at which time we discussed the possibility of Richard disposing of my airgun collection through Holts, but events have now overtaken that possibility for the time being
    I last exchanged emails with Richard in April this year, and it turned out he had the same operation as I did in 2016, an ACDF, but since then it would appear that Richard's has not been quite so successful, in which case his mobility could be severely compromised.
    I've tried phoning him several times without success, but I hope his mobility situation has now improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Randy Bohannon visited Richard H in June this year, post#98 in this thread.
    I met and had a long chat with Richard at one of Binner's Kempton fairs, at which time we discussed the possibility of Richard disposing of my airgun collection through Holts, but events have now overtaken that possibility for the time being
    I last exchanged emails with Richard in April this year, and it turned out he had the same operation as I did in 2016, an ACDF, but since then it would appear that Richard's has not been quite so successful, in which case his mobility could be severely compromised.
    I've tried phoning him several times without success, but I hope his mobility situation has now improved.

The plot thickens !!!, I don't believe for one second he cant answer the phone !
    He's not in a coma FFS.
    Just give everyone their bits back !

I had a RFD keep my bolt in order to get a new firing pin..

He had it for months and gave all sorts of bizarre excuses for not returning it to me..

I got rather heated when I demanded he handed it over..

He never did get the firing pin..

Another dealer got a firing pin direct from the importers the next day..

God only knows what went on...

The administrators took over his shop a few weeks later and impounded all the stock...

I would have lost the bolt..

I've had some shite dealings with RFD's over the years!
    God bless the union

arnie2b Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesy Pickering View Post

The administrators took over his shop a few weeks later and impounded all the stock...

I would have lost the bolt..

I've had some shite dealings with RFD's over the years!
    You wouldn't have, they can't impound other people's property.
    You do need to send a letter or fax asap addressed to the administrators stating that you're the owner of gun or part x and be able to prove it when you go and pick it up.

Lots of people were calling their lawyers to seek advice on what to do when the administrators walked in to Dj Litts and that's what came out of it.
    One guy landed there with his helicopter to get his guns back just before all that went down.

Deposits etc is a different kettle of fish.

It was 10 years ago...

The whole saga was very odd..

I had another RFD order me a CZ452 which I paid for in full and not bother to let me know it had arrived..

2 months later I called the shop and asked whether it had arrived.

Oh yes mate it's been here for 6 weeks. We lost your phone number...

Very shit really
    God bless the union

Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks
    Matty
    I'd go to a small claims court, it's an absolute disgrace

surely someone on here sees richard regular as a friend

Has anyone heard anything from Richard or how is he keeping? He hasn't been on here since April.

I hope he is OK as he had a long way to go following his surgery.