Thread: Benjamin EB22 - Custom open sights

Benjamin EB22 - Custom open sights

I was wondering if there are any custom aftermarket sights for these Benjamin pistols or whether any of the existing ones e.g. on GMAC would fit or can be easily adapted to fit. This is honestly my favourite pistol and I have been running it with a pistol scope which gives pretty remarkable accuracy (<1 inch groups bag rested at 25 yards). So the accuracy is there but the stock iron sights are really poor and can't be adjusted to actually hit the point of aim as the pistol always shoots down and to the left. Any thoughts?

nothing I'm aware of

If you can get a spare set of sights,

Just file down the front sight blade to raise elevation and widen the rear sight groove on the right side only to move impact to right. Use needle files and only remove a little at a time, testing to see how much difference a few strokes make! HTH David

Ah that's a real shame, thought there might be something out there. Thanks for the replies all.

Coming to this late.

I have never encountered replacement sights for the EB. Of course, the too-thin front sight is integral to the pistol, which is a shame. I am pretty replacement rears have never been made as a production item. Not to say that it’s not possible to adapt a better rear sight to fit, but not easy either.

sub-1” at 25 is remarkable. I typically used to get that with my EB, but freehand at 10.

Ragle’s advice is good. You know you can adjust crudely for windage by backing off the rear screw and physically moving the sight? Once it’s on, take a file to the front.

I will caveat that (just) sub 1 inch is on a good day bag rested and with the pistol scope but it's even more feasible with the shoulder stock which I ordered over from the US. At any rate, it hints at what the pistol is capable of. Extensive pellet testing with my .22 cal. revealed that H&N Sniper Magnums were without a doubt the most accurate pellet by far I could find for this pistol and I tried just about everything.

It's just a shame really because with open sights I group something like 6" at 25 yards mainly because I can't always find the same point of aim each time.

The EB22 is without a doubt my favourite pistol I've used. Extremely compact, built like a tank; I love the minimalist wooden grips and with a pistol scope and brass trigger shoe it's far more accurate than I am with a pistol. Also got some lovely custom wrap around grips from a guy on here as well as a brass silencer adapter and custom delrin silencer. I'll never sell it but to be honest I'd love another, maybe in .177 which I'd leave in micro carbine configuration.

you don't often see the factory wire shoulder stock

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    you don't often see the factory wire shoulder stock
    I personally love it - very very solidly made and it was about £60/£65 all in delivered if I recall correctly. Turns it into a lovely and unique micro carbine and great when paired with something like a little Simmons 1.5-5x20 WTC