Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW80 Venom alert

HW80 Venom alert

Good afternoon all. Thanks for looking.This went straight from Hull Cartridge to Venom 1986.
    The owner may, reluctantly, need to sell depending on value. The barrel shown is spare .177 for plinking/practice. The original .22 is safe and well. Not mint and has horizontal glued crack LS in front of stock screw. Works very well. Current valuation appreciated please.

A Venom "Varminter" 80! I have its twin

Need to see the internals to give a proper valuation as it could have any number of potential modifications - Unless you have the Venom paperwork?

Stock alone is worth £200 in un-cracked condition. Please upload a HD close-up photo of the repaired crack.

Nice example of a rare gun.

with "Standard" Venom internals (i.e. not a 25mm Lazaglide) would make this £450-550 with an uncracked stock imo.

Looks like a Simmons Pro-Air 4-12 x 40 which is worth 80 - 90 quid too.

Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 06-01-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Venom 80

If lazaglide internals then £575 - £600. I'd sell the scope on its own for £80. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 06-01-2019 at 05:54 PM.

I would agree with Mach 1.5 £550 -£600, the stock doesn’t look too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rikard View Post
    I would agree...
    Yes... IF it's a lazaglide...

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thanks for the interest. No sticker tho' slightly deeper tint rectangle where one would be. No paperwork so going to ask owners permission to photo internals.
    Better pics. too.

Good stuff.

Always nice to see a Varminter coming up for air

Chances are its a bearing-clad 30mm piston but you never know

Matty

I gave £250 for something very similar,walnut thumbhole stock,moderator and an impressive looking scope.

The seller claimed it was a Venom conversion he'd bought from Valley Arms, the internals told a different story.

Still it was a nice piece of walnut.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    I gave £250 for something very similar,walnut thumbhole stock,moderator and an impressive looking scope.

The seller claimed it was a Venom conversion he'd bought from Valley Arms, the internals told a different story.

Still it was a nice piece of walnut.
    what were the internals?

They appeared to be standard weihrauch except for a square section mainspring.

Thanks for the input so far. Have a look here https://imgur.com/a/jozF7eq Observations appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Thanks for the input so far. Have a look here https://imgur.com/a/jozF7eq Observations appreciated
    That's a "Stage 1" Venom tune as far as I can see.

Polished piston (no bearings), inset spring guide, tophat.

Inside the piston if you take out the spring there should be a nicely fitted tophat - we need to see this too

My piston looks similar but does have a rear bearing and has what looks like an OEM seal. OEM seal on yours too by the look of it.

That stock is a nicer grain than mine - shame about the crack but it could be worked on a bit to disguise it better.

£450-500 all day for that.

Can you measure the transfer port diameter? It's probably 2.8mm or maybe 3.2mm. The Venom lads did not usually open up the port on their tunes AFAIK

Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 08-01-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Venom

Yep Stage one tune as my friend above mentioned. Value. £475 - £495. Mach 1.5

Venom 80

Bit more info - this rifle went to venom in 1986 as above. The lazaglide system was not on the market until early 1988 so yes this is a stage one venom tune. Mach 1.5

Thanks again. Took spring out and no top hat showing. There may have been one insied but didn't want to risk buckling the sleeve to check 'cos it's not mine.
    First reaction from owner is that it will be sold if the higher end is achievable.
    Very enjoyable/informative exercise for me/us.