Quote Originally Posted by jepho View Post
Thank you for your time and the valuable response. In engineering terms, I don't understand pellet fussy as a description. If that means that Weihrauch makes a barrel that is set to handle different pellet configurations in different ways, then the parameters used to manufacture the barrel are known and the best pellet for that specific configuration of the barrel is also a known. Knowing how German engineering tends to handles issues, I would expect Weihrauch to understand barrel variation and the implications of each standard deviation barrel from the expected norm.

Hitherto, all of my pellet choices have demonstrated and underlined the accuracy of the HW100... so much so that my son called it "cheating", every time I used the gun; regardless of the pellets I used. For now, I have left the gun with a highly recommended gunsmith and will report back to the thread once I know what the problem is and how it was solved. As a scientist and an engineer, I want to learn about the explanations that make sense to me. Feelings and beliefs have no place in my world and all things are explicable.

Since the problem began, I have used just about every high quality pellet available and still I am not seeing any improvement. This fact alone suggests that pellet choice is not responsible for creating the problem. For the sake of furthering the debate, if we accept the assumption that all pellets are different, then I should have seen an improvement representing consistency, even if the group was orange sized when I changed my pellets. No such improvement in consistency has been seen. All pellets produce the shotgun patterns shown.
It means just what it says, the barrel is extremely fussy about what it will shoot accurately, in an extreme case it can mean that with the same make & size pellet it will be super accurate with pellets from one batch or die press, but pellets from a different batch or die press are hopeless.
My .25 rapid will single hole with JSB like your pic1, but with any other pellet is like your pics 2 & 4, thankfully it's not batch fussy within JSB.

Are your pellets the same batch now as when it shot that single hole ??