Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100 T has become completely inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by rapidave View Post
    hello jepho have you checked that the pellet breech seal is ok and not worn, as this will also make it very inaccurate. as air will blow out of breech and will sound very loud.or louder then normal if you do need seals try hw100 tuning web site .

if you look at weihrauch owners club for info to fit seals your self it's not that hard just read up on it. and take your time in doing it, in replacing, seals if needed, good luck.
    Hello rapidave; thanks for this helpful response.
    I am hopeful that my gunsmith will do a full service once the issue has been correctly identified. I am aware of the seal kits from HW100 tuning. If necessary, I will fit them myself.

My own chronograph tests with an Air-Chrony Mk3 and pellets tested in groups of ten, demonstrated that there is around a 4 ~ 7 fps difference between all of the shots currently. I don't know if that variation points to a seal giving up but I would say that it is a reasonable performance. There was a 3 fps difference when the gun was new. The original pellets used when the gun was new were H&N FTTs.

The H&N FTTs were 8.64gr in weight and I was measuring velocities ranging from 784 ~ 787 fps, making 11.8 ~ 11.89ft lbs of muzzle energy. My current pellets RWS R10 Match pellets are 8.2gr in weight. The measured velocities range from 780 ~ 787 fps and the muzzle energy is 11.08 ~ 11.28 ft lbs.
    Feinwerkbau 700 Evolution Top - Air Arms Alfa Pro J

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.
    The Chrono results show there is no problem regarding consistant power supply or dodgy pellets for that matter.
    Not much left now its either a duff barrel or duff shooter.

Duff Shooter 🤪🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Lavant_Lad View Post
    The Chrono results show there is no problem regarding consistant power supply or dodgy pellets for that matter.
    Not much left now its either a duff barrel or duff shooter.
    Thanks. It certainly is looking like the barrel is the main issue now. As for duff shooter... I used to be able to shoot the nads off a gnat at 20 yards with a 9mm Browning High Power pistol. Of course, finding the gnat afterwards was impossible so I guess you are right. Duff shooter gets my vote too.

Maybe the gnat is stuck in your Barrel and that's the problem

On the serious side what I have had confirmed from the thread on the WOC is that you need to put a lot of pellets through the barrel after a clean to get it back to good accuracy, so give that a go

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe the gnat is stuck in your Barrel and that's the problem

On the serious side what I have had confirmed from the thread on the WOC is that you need to put a lot of pellets through the barrel after a clean to get it back to good accuracy, so give that a go

Yes, I shall make it my mission to shoot a lot of pellets when my rifle is returned.

https://media.tenor.com/images/7b7b0...fbca/tenor.gif

weihrauch hw 100

if you do clean barrel don't use wire brush as some people have suggested. you will only score your barrel ,it's not hard steel it is soft.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidave View Post
    if you do clean barrel don't use wire brush as some people have suggested. you will only score your barrel ,it's not hard steel it is soft.
    Yes, thank you. Understood. I know a little about working with metal and would not want to risk marking the barrel's smooth surface.

is your gunsmith known to the forum?keeping an eye on this thread with great interest

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    is your gunsmith known to the forum?keeping an eye on this thread with great interest
    Hello. Are you my gunsmith (fingers Malone?) if yes, I claim my £5.

He may be but I would not know. I will have to ask him when I get to chat with him.

weihrauch hw100 Synthetic issue

Just bought a new HW100 in .22 12ftlb model got it home barely scraping 6ftlb on the chrono any suggestions? or is it a return?

hw 100 power

hi there, if the chronno is working ok and you've pressed all the right buttons then yes if you want a 12ftlbs gun

Quote Originally Posted by stevenobrien View Post
    Just bought a new HW100 in .22 12ftlb model got it home barely scraping 6ftlb on the chrono any suggestions? or is it a return?
    1. What is the cylinder pressure?
    2. What is the power with 90bar in the cylinder.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenobrien View Post
    Check your pellet weights!, top up with air maybe?...………….you didn't get it delivered from abroad by any chance?
    No insult meant...…...but I've only come across 6ft/ld HW100's with a) no air or b) German imports!
    (I could be wrong!...…...won't be the first time!)

p.s. start your own thread!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jepho View Post
    Thank you for your response: 1) done 2) done 3) done 4) done

The barrel band does not appear to be restricting the barrel and it serves to hold the barrelled action into the stock at the front end. It may be possible to nip it up far tighter than is desirable and bend the barrel and hold it bent. I guess the torque required to do that would be significant. Until I removed the barrelled action, there was no previous removal of the barrel band and no obvious reason for its retaining bolt to have tightened itself. I will let my gunsmith know that this is a thought that requires some investigation.
    Sorry for my late response to your post replying to mine. I'm not convinced that the barrel clamp isn't responsible so I strongly recommend you remove the barrel clamp entirely and run the gun with a free floating barrel. It is odd to think that a barrel can deteriorate without explanation to the extent you have experienced. Certainly any idea that the power plant is at fault can be confidently discarded.
    Good luck-it must be very frustrating for you.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

In addition to the wise advise already provided, I would strongly recommend an "intensive" barrel cleaning process with something like VFG blue paste/felts. I have seen many barrels brought back from the dead following a good seeing too with this cleaning regime. I also know of several top shooters who have resorted to using the infamous copper brush coated with cleaning paste to achieve the same outcome, although I am personally not brave enough to be so aggressive with an airgun barrel.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !