Thread: Bsa r10se ccs

Bsa r10se ccs

Anyone had one of the above recently, How you find them, Quite like the walnut stocked ones but how does the tactical ones look and feel, Have they sorted the regs out on these newer ones , Tempted to try one in 177 cal and more so this model with buddy bottle as I need a good shot count, One more question as I've never had a r10 ,Can the buddy bottle be removed to fill or is it the probe fill through gun only, Thanks,

Ive got the walnut one and de-shrouded it, (didn't like the tac stock on this gun) the reg is still the unreliable same, not sure about the fill up off the gun, but i think you can do it with the right fittings. I had mine regged and tuned by JB and its now very accurate, with about 130 good shots. It might make sense picking up a 2nd hand one thats already had everything sorted out on it for around £600? good luck
    BSA R10 se .177 walnut, bowkett blueprint & reg'd, optisan 6-24x50 ffp - BSA T10 scorp .22 tac, xtx huma reg'd & tuned, hwk tac 30 8.5-25x42 - A&M mods

Quote Originally Posted by echo1974 View Post
    Ive got the walnut one and de-shrouded it, (didn't like the tac stock on this gun) the reg is still the unreliable same, not sure about the fill up off the gun, but i think you can do it with the right fittings. I had mine regged and tuned by JB and its now very accurate, with about 130 good shots. It might make sense picking up a 2nd hand one thats already had everything sorted out on it for around £600? good luck
    Thanks for that, Had mixed feelings about the rubber one but quite fancy a walnut or possible a black pepper one, I found someone local who done my mates r10 which the reg had failed and it was leaking and the chap have done quite a few of them, This had put me off over the years but now I'm thinking of getting one in the near future, Good thing at moment is I ain't going to rush into one and possibly wait until a good buy comes along,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Anyone had one of the above recently, How you find them, Quite like the walnut stocked ones but how does the tactical ones look and feel, Have they sorted the regs out on these newer ones , Tempted to try one in 177 cal and more so this model with buddy bottle as I need a good shot count, One more question as I've never had a r10 ,Can the buddy bottle be removed to fill or is it the probe fill through gun only, Thanks,
    I’ve had my SE for about 18 months from new, my reg packed up after three months so I replaced it with a Huma one and it’s been brilliant ever since. In 0.177 it’s incredibly accurate with the new Baracuda FT pellets and was always great with Bisley magnums. You fill the bottle with a probe that comes with the rifle, as it’s similar to a Rapid where you have to “burp off” the gun if you want to remove the bottle, which you have to do if you want to remove the stock. It’s very possible you could fill the bottle using a Theoben Rapid bottle fill adaptor as they have similar fitments but not 100% on this. But don’t know why you would if you have the quick fill option

I have an R10SE .22 FAC , in walnut , and junked the regulator when It came back from BSA after its first failure . I fitted a HUMA reg , and its been superb ever since.
    being an FAC rated gun , i bought a larger buddy bottle from Best fittings, and carry the standard one in the BSA gun case with me so I can screw the empty one off if needed.
    It never has been needed yet though. I didn't like the tac one at all!
    Great gun now its sorted, but sort of eclipsed in a 12ftlb gun by the Scorpion SE , which has a high shot count,a large flat power curve, and is so much lighter in the field.
    Now fit a huma reg to a Scorpion SE , and you have a absolute dream of an air rifle.

BSA R10 SE FAC .22 Walnut (Huma) BSA Scorpion SE .22 TAC (Huma) BSA Ultra SE .177 Beech. HW110.177 .HW95K.22 Walther Terrus.177 Tac. CZ .22WMR Tac . Ruger 10/22 .
    Peace through superior fire power!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinJG View Post
    I’ve had my SE for about 18 months from new, my reg packed up after three months so I replaced it with a Huma one and it’s been brilliant ever since. In 0.177 it’s incredibly accurate with the new Baracuda FT pellets and was always great with Bisley magnums. You fill the bottle with a probe that comes with the rifle, as it’s similar to a Rapid where you have to “burp off” the gun if you want to remove the bottle, which you have to do if you want to remove the stock. It’s very possible you could fill the bottle using a Theoben Rapid bottle fill adaptor as they have similar fitments but not 100% on this. But don’t know why you would if you have the quick fill option
    Only asked about the removal of the buddy bottle as I in time was thinking of trying the bottle on a different gun ,

[QUOTE=Wilderbeest;7627055]I have an R10SE .22 FAC , in walnut , and junked the regulator when It came back from BSA after its first failure . I fitted a HUMA reg , and its been superb ever since.
    being an FAC rated gun , i bought a larger buddy bottle from Best fittings, and carry the standard one in the BSA gun case with me so I can screw the empty one off if needed.
    It never has been needed yet though. I didn't like the tac one at all!
    Great gun now its sorted, but sort of eclipsed in a 12ftlb gun by the Scorpion SE , which has a high shot count,a large flat power curve, and is so much lighter in the field.
    Now fit a huma reg to a Scorpion SE , and you have a absolute dream of an air rifle.

Thanks for that bud, Not exactly sure yet which gun to go for, not long got rid of my air ranger in 177 and I'm only left with rifles now in .22 cal. The shot count is my main priority.