Thread: One for the collectors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Prices could be high at this auction, I missed out on this at £71000.

Baz

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/a...8-a63300a9d712
    Ha, ha

By the time it has been restored it'll be like the legendary axe from the Battle of Hastings - "Completely original, blade replaced twice handle four times".

There is quite a mishmash within the rifles. Some standard and some with fiddle factor history.
    You will have to know your Venoms. One stated Venom might not be, but the one next to it not saying anything might be?
    Some will be a complete punt and you won't know what you have got until its home.

No doubt whoever collected these had a lot of fun doing it. It typifies the second hand market and how much tinkering goes on with kit.

Then there are some absolute rare beasts that are what they are. Hard found pieces that just aren't going to appear again any time soon.

Its why going to have a look is worth the trip. Its an auction, and how deep the pockets for any one gun is anyones guess.

I don't know if this is a true case or not but someone's widow might find out what their late partner had spent all their pocket money on My late Godfather's wife found he had seven vintage Aston Martins, and she thought only three having told him "no more"!! She was over £21/2million better off than she thought!!!

Lot 168

Mastersport FWB. This was my old rifle which I sold about 8 years ago. LH job. Yep the Trophy Stock on the 52 is a venom one. Some of the Trophy stocks were abit bland. Mach 1.5