Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: One for the collectors

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    The collection belonged to the late Professor Mike Wright or at least the vast majority.
    Well if it was Professor Mike's collection, at least his beneficiaries have raised some money to spend or help them in whatever they need to do. Sad day when we lost such a knowledgeable person in the physics of air rifles.

He certainly had quite a surprisingly broad taste across the spectrum of air guns, given what was available.

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    Theobens Guy? they had some nice ones there
    One theoben the 98 in .177 and thumbhole stock and the harper wolf

Park 91

The park is already on freeads for sale for £750 along with a 8-32 x 44 scope. The new seller is even using the pictures from the auction to sell them both. Trying to make a quick £!!! Oh just noticed he is selling due to reducing his collection...wow and he only brought it today? Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post
    Well if it was Professor Mike's collection, at least his beneficiaries have raised some money to spend or help them in whatever they need to do. Sad day when we lost such a knowledgeable person in the physics of air rifles.

He certainly had quite a surprisingly broad taste across the spectrum of air guns, given what was available.
    Agreed. Untimely death, good guy, glad his family and heirs get something from his obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    The park is already on freeads for sale for £750 along with a 8-32 x 44 scope. The new seller is even using the pictures from the auction to sell them both. Trying to make a quick £!!! Oh just noticed he is selling due to reducing his collection...wow and he only brought it today? Mach 1.5
    It’s not that cretin from Reading is it?

The Venom Diana 52 has just appeared on Freeads as well. I expect more will pop up there and elsewhere.

Well that was an interesting morning......

So I attended the auction today,

there were about ten things I'd have loved to have bought, but only one I really wanted.
    Luckily for me that was the thing I won, a 1977 HW55t with a Tyrolean stock in lovely condition with the original peep sight.. I got it for £430 including fees which is lower than I was prepared to pay so I'm very happy.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'd never even shouldered a Tyrolean stock before and now I know why they are so popular, looking forward to using this at the vintage HFT shoot in the classic catagory.

There were only about 30 people at the auction, and there were 3 or 4 guys who bought a lot of the good stuff. A lot of hammer prices were above the going rate, and I got the impression that money wasn't necessarily a consideration for these guys.

[IMG][/IMG]

The engraved Whiscombe sale was exciting, it sold to a guy in the room, he saved about £400 just by turning up.

The pistol prices were getting silly so I left early.
    Glad I didn't hang around for the Thunderbolt junior that went for £420+fees, but wish I'd hung on for the Acvoke for £150+fees.

An exciting morning.

Matt.

You got yourself a cracking gun there and at a good price. Nice wee report from the action as well. Thanks for sharing.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post

You got yourself a cracking gun there and at a good price. Nice wee report from the action as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Yep, a proper exciting report to read, thanks: felt like I was riding shot gun with you just reading your account. Great write up, cheers (reminds me of my article on a HOLTS air gun auction which I scribed and had published in our Tel's tome, Airgun World, which I titled 'HOLTS, Who Goes There' back in 2008-ish ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    So I attended the auction today,

there were about ten things I'd have loved to have bought, but only one I really wanted.
    Luckily for me that was the thing I won, a 1977 HW55t with a Tyrolean stock in lovely condition with the original peep sight.. I got it for £430 including fees which is lower than I was prepared to pay so I'm very happy.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'd never even shouldered a Tyrolean stock before and now I know why they are so popular, looking forward to using this at the vintage HFT shoot in the classic catagory.

There were only about 30 people at the auction, and there were 3 or 4 guys who bought a lot of the good stuff. A lot of hammer prices were above the going rate, and I got the impression that money wasn't necessarily a consideration for these guys.

[IMG][/IMG]

The engraved Whiscombe sale was exciting, it sold to a guy in the room, he saved about £400 just by turning up.

The pistol prices were getting silly so I left early.
    Glad I didn't hang around for the Thunderbolt junior that went for £420+fees, but wish I'd hung on for the Acvoke for £150+fees.

An exciting morning.

Matt.
    Ah I see that Improved Britannia that I really wanted. Alas, my pockets were not deep enough. Hope whoever won it enjoys it.

I know a couple of those rear views!

Wow the rimfire rifles were cheap and some of the shotguns. £2 pounds for a 22 rimfire and £5 pounds for a 12g shotgun.

Rear views

I see that I have been captured in in said photo 😊

Rear views

I see that I have been captured in said photo 😊

Smile air logic genesis for sale at banbury oxon..

hi all, does anyone have a link to the air logic genesis that was for sale at the auction yesterday,
    today and tomorrow ? might be sold, do not know.. thankyou.. J.S.D.