Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: One for the collectors

I see that the Park HR91, that sold for £400 + fees, is on freeads at £750!

Quote Originally Posted by brutale View Post
    Perhaps he is tired of people asking silly questions when you can clearly see what it is by the photos.
    Just a thought.
    To the untrained eye it might look like a mark 1. But as I have found out in the past, you cant always believe your eyes. I have seen many mark 2 actions thrown into mark 1 stocks and then sold as a mark 1. So when I see one im interested in I always ask to make sure. And since he has another mark 1 listed on there and has included the serial number for that one in the ad. But when asked about this other one, he suddenly gets defensive. Im not saying he is trying to sell a dodgy rifle, I just wanted to know the serial number so I can be 100% I know what I am buying. Hell I have a couple of BSA rifles on freeads and one of them I have had loads on quires about the serial number (even though one photo is solely of the trigger block showing the number and I have it listed in the ad) I still tell them since it is an easy question. Maybe I am too cynical who knows. Just a tad suspicious to me.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Yes some very interesting lots. As I do not think I could get there for the auction I just e mailed their appointed shipping agents to see if post/delivery is an option. They said yes but indicated cost could in the region of £135 - £155. Wow.

Cheers, Phil

I was quoted £40 for RFD transfer .
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    I fancied the Tx200sr( lot 201not listed as an sr ) this was first listed as Venom ,Laser Glided TX , when I enquired about posting ,the email advised that the listing was amended ,saying no supporting documents .
    Think that went for £450 + fees ,
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    So I attended the auction today,

there were about ten things I'd have loved to have bought, but only one I really wanted.
    Luckily for me that was the thing I won, a 1977 HW55t with a Tyrolean stock in lovely condition with the original peep sight.. I got it for £430 including fees which is lower than I was prepared to pay so I'm very happy.

[IMG][/IMG]

I'd never even shouldered a Tyrolean stock before and now I know why they are so popular, looking forward to using this at the vintage HFT shoot in the classic catagory.

Matt.
    That was mine once, Matt. I sold it to Mike about 5 or 6 years ago, Advertised it on here for close to what you paid for it. Lovely rifle.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Smile hw55t

hi ptdunk, that is a lovely rifle, wonder if hw made them in a leftie, or ambi ?
    kind rgds.. J.S.D.

PS Matt, I think it's mid-60s, not '70s.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    it cost you about £460 with fees? id say that was a good price. it looks so simular to the b&m style of stock making but you have the drop down grip like a asi paratrooper whilst mine is a thumbhole stocked version.contact daystate i would mate and see it they made it. its about worth what you payed to be honest. i wanted it to join my other 2 b&m bullpups but i was not prepared to pay the extortionate buyers fees they wanted. if you ever want to sell it drop me a message. regards.chris
    Thanks Chris. I will take it into consideration. Caliber was a mystery so far and I was counting on 0.22. It is not out of the question that I will speak in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    PS Matt, I think it's mid-60s, not '70s.
    Hi Danny,

It's nice to know that it's your old rifle, rest assured it's in good hands and will be well appreciated.
    It still has the tiny Biro mark on it

I just checked the serial number 789888 (on underside of barrel) on weihrauch-database.eu/dywp# and it comes up as 1980.
    I checked the dates on all three HW55's on sale in the auction before I went and got the date mixed up with another one on sale with sn. 636794 which is 1976-1977
    (I didn't like that one as it had a very heavy bull barrel which I found uncomfortable to hold in standing position.)

I don't know how reliable Weihrauch's online database is though.

Needless to say it's a lovely rifle that'll see some use at our Vintage/classic comps.

Many thanks,
    Matt.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 27-01-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Hi Danny,

It's nice to know that it's your old rifle, rest assured it's in good hands and will be well appreciated.
    It still has the tiny Biro mark on it

I just checked the serial number 789888 (on underside of barrel) on weihrauch-database.eu/dywp# and it comes up as 1980.
    I checked the dates on all three HW55's on sale in the auction before I went and got the date mixed up with another one on sale with sn. 636794 which is 1976-1977
    (I didn't like that one as it had a very heavy bull barrel which I found uncomfortable to hold in standing position.)

I don't know how reliable Weihrauch's online database is though.

Needless to say it's a lovely rifle that'll see some use at our Vintage/classic comps.

Many thanks,
    Matt.
    Hmm. Sounds like Mike 'upgraded' it?

Did he move the stock to a different rifle?

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....hw55/#post-113
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Hmm. Sounds like Mike 'upgraded' it?

Did he move the stock to a different rifle?

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....hw55/#post-113
    Bingo.

It's a different action, but the same stock, the stock is mid '60's and the action is 1980.

I wonder what happened to the original action....That serial number 163320 didn't appear on any other HW55's at that auction.
    Was there much difference between the 1960' and 1980's actions?

Very interesting, again we are lucky to have a resource like your vintage airgun gallery.

Many Thanks Danny,

Matt.

Bingo.

It's a different action, but the same stock, the stock is mid '60's and the action is 1980.

I wonder what happened to the original action....That serial number 163320 didn't appear on any other HW55's at that auction.
    Was there much difference between the 1960' and 1980's actions?

Very interesting, again we are lucky to have a resource like your vintage airgun gallery.

Many Thanks Danny,

Matt.
    Matt the earliest HW55s had external embellishments like a thick knurled ring on the trigger block and elaborate cross-hatching to the head of the breech lever bolt, but these were gradually dropped, presumably to save money. So by the mid-'60s all that remained was a simple radial groove on the trigger block. Soon after that even it was dropped.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Mk1 Bsa Meteor.

Are you sure you know your MK1's from your MK2 Meteors ? I'm not sure you do.
    How can it be a MK2 action as the one he is selling has a blued factory finished action (MK1 Only), a MK1 Front sight, and a MK1 fluted stock making it a MK1 Meteor!!
    You can clearly see this in the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by brutale View Post
    Are you sure you know your MK1's from your MK2 Meteors ? I'm not sure you do.
    How can it be a MK2 action as the one he is selling has a blued factory finished action (MK1 Only), a MK1 Front sight, and a MK1 fluted stock making it a MK1 Meteor!!
    You can clearly see this in the photos.
    My old mark 2 had the same front sight, was also blued (Granted this was done by an owner in the past and not from factory, but if done right. can be very deceiving) and since the mark 1 and 2's had very similar actions, they were easily placed in either variant of stock. My mark 2 was fitted in a mark 1 stock hence my weariness when it comes to the mark 1 and 2 meteors.

It was an interesting auction indeed. Twice I had to point out to the auctioneer that paperwork pertaining to be with rifles were not correct.
    Some things went silly expensive, others quite cheap.
    I'm off up there tomorrow to pick up two rifles I bought. Will be interesting to see what they are like/have had done to them.
    There were some really odd scope/rifle choices .