Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the longest spring gun ever ?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

What is the longest spring gun ever ?

I have no idea but when I looked at this pic I thought how long can a spring gun be and still be practical, I would guess about 44-45 ins would be the Max limit.

Are there any advantages to a long spring gun ? and what is the longest springer you know of

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Surely it's the HW35? The barrel alone must be least 7ft long...
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post
    Surely it's the HW35? The barrel alone must be least 7ft long...
    Damn it! you stole my thunder

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Longer guns are more accurate; longer gun, shorter range to target.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I call my hw90 the elephant rifle due to the barrel length.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Hartcliffer View Post
    Longer guns are more accurate; longer gun, shorter range to target.
    I suppose that's one way of looking at it
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Not fair to include after-market mods, there's always someone who'd put a stupid length mod on, iirc AWT did a 13" mod.

Benjamin trail has to be one of the longest 48.25" overall.

My hw35e is the longest out of mine which is 47.5", Any longer and it would be a struggle to get it into the gun safe,

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Just put the 35e and the 90 side by side. Very little in it.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

I cant measure my 35E as the stock is away at the moment, but the action is about 35". Assuming the stock is about the same as myother springers at 14" it would be around 49" . My diana 56 is closest at around 45".

Now tempted to make a mod fot the 35E, just so it comes out bigger than the average shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Guloluseus View Post
    I cant measure my 35E as the stock is away at the moment, but the action is about 35". Assuming the stock is about the same as myother springers at 14" it would be around 49" . My diana 56 is closest at around 45".

Now tempted to make a mod fot the 35E, just so it comes out bigger than the average shooter.
    Mine came with mod which I thought was standard, Unless someone has threw yours over the years,

The old HW35E was, I have always believed, 47.5” long. Likely the longest mainstream air rifle.

I’ve seen them with silencers on them. They look, in my view, silly. They do not handle well, at least for me.

Some of the oddball non-springer stuff may be a bit longer. I think the Farco air shot gun (bulk CO2, IIRC) is at least 48” if not 50”. Doubtless there are some 36” barrelled .45” calibre PCPs stateside that make 500 ft-lbs and are over 4 feet long.

My longest (so far) is a Diana 52 with a modest can on the end of the full-length barrel. About 48”. It has a great big (by my standards) 4-16x40 on top in a 1pm, so probably a bit over 10lbs all-in. It’s great off a rest. It is not a fast-handling barn or truck gun.

PS I also have a Mk5 Airsporter with a period-ish 1980s silencer on it (Hushpower?) and a 32mm scope. It’s about as long as the Diana. It actually handles quite well. Pity because it’s still a Mk5 Airsporter.
    Last edited by Geezer; 14-01-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Mine came with mod which I thought was standard, Unless someone has threw yours over the years,
    No they weren’t. They came with plain, iron sighted, barrels. HW has offered silencers on some factory models (95K, for example), but not, IIRC, the 35, ever.

My Hatsan 125 sniper is 48"1/4" with the silencer front sight thingy,there are recoil pad inserts to increase the length of pull by 1"ish more if they are fitted.
    Les..

I have a diana 470th I find this a awkward sod length and weight wise