Thread: Steyr Hunting 5 semi auto.

Steyr Hunting 5 semi auto.

I've had a couple of these in both the distant and near past (now sold on) and recently had a hankering for yet another one. As I currently have a couple of standard model H5's I thought that it might be possible to upgrade one of these at minimal cost. Unfortunately I received a negative response from both Steyr UK and Steyr Austria regarding the matter and am not able to even buy the action block as a stand alone component and switch my existing parts to it. Just in case it's of interest to anyone in a similar position, Steyr will supply the H5 Semi without a stock to both the UK and European markets, and in Germany this reduces the price by 300Eu from one particular supplier that I've been in touch with.

If anyone wants details of the German supplier (who is willing to ship to the UK (I've used them several times in the last few years without any problems whatsoever)), please contact me by PM and I'll oblige (I haven't included it in this posting in case it violates BBS protocol).

Also, if others have alternative ideas regarding conversions of the standard H5 to semi, I'd be interested to hear them.

Thanks, Vic Thompson.

Interesting reading on both parts Vic
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

It's a shame you end up with an air tube you didn't need and a barrel you didn't want.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

The air tube I assume is a standard Steyr one? They are quite expensive as a one off purchase new... depending on length and if QF'd or not I think they can break £200 via official channels in UK. The barrel, well if it's the same as a normal LG110 then that might fetch some cash as well... my LW replacement blank I think was £100 before it was machined. So there could be some gold to recoup...

H5 barrels are a 30 second job to change if your scope mounts don't hide the screws.
    I'd love to have a spare cylinder for mine, I rather wish the H5 had an adaptor like the priest so you can run off an external tank, even with its high shot count i run out quickly when plinking for pure fun. (cant resist chopping up some windfall apples )