Thread: Feinwerkbau P70 PCP Match Rifle - Laminated stock.

Feinwerkbau P70 PCP Match Rifle - Laminated stock.

SOLDI am reluctantly going to part with my Feinwerkbau P70 match rifle. I should have sold it when I bought my new Walther Anatomic as that was the deal I made with "the Boss" (wife) to get the agreement (permission) to buy the new Walther.

The agreed deal was namely "one in - one out" (I had to sell this one to make space for the new Anatomic), but I wanted to hang on to this lovely match rifle for as long as possible as it is a good-'un and is lovely to shoot. I also like to have nice wooden stocks on my match rifles and like the Anatomic, this rifle has a really nice wooden stock.

This rifle has the distinctive blue/red/green laminated stock and is basically a PCP version of the FWB 603 - so if you have one of these excellent 600, 601, 602 or 603 series SSP match rifles and fancy a move up to PCP it would feel very familiar and easy to live with.

Shooting the rifle at 10 meters has shown me just how easy it is to shoot as it feels good and is pin-point accurate.

I have also shot this rifle at 6 yards and used it to score a "possible" 300 ex 300 in the MPL Supported Air Rifle series the very first time I shot it in this competition showing just how versatile and easy it is to shoot.

It would make a fantastic bell target rifle too - I have shot it at 10 meter bell targets and rang the bell with it plenty of times - and at the traditional 6 yards distance too of course!

The rife comes with the set of Alcraft adjustable riser blocks that I bought for it, so it is exactly as I have been shooting it including the adjustable diopter that can be seen fitted to the rear sight. The riser blocks can be made higher or lower with different height pillars that are easy to swap and match to the height of the adjustable cheek piece to get the most comfortable shooting position.

The riser blocks are easy to remove or adjust and spare pillars can be bought in just about any practical height from this good English manufacturer who can supply pillars in black nylon, brass or alloy. The ones fitted to my P70 are brass as I thought the colour looked the best on this rifle but they can be easily changed to suite the owners preferred colour taste and height.

I can also supply the custom made oak "resting block" I made for it to use in the Supported class - this just slides on the accessory rail under the stock and can be fitted and removed from the rifle within seconds and without marking the rifle.

I have taken some pictures of the rifle and can send them by email to anyone who would be seriously interested in buying it for £850, and I would be more than happy for the rifle to be tested here on the 10 meter range at Rossendale MTC any Tuesday or Thursday evening.

Please PM me if you would like to ask any questions, see the pictures, or to come up and shoot it at 10 meters.SOLD
    Last edited by zooma; 20-03-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I can also arrange to have this rifle delivered by a "next working day" courier to almost any UK postal address if required - please ask.

I have taken a full set of pictures of this excellent PCP Match rifle so anyone that may be interested in up-grading to PCP from an FWB 600, 601, 602 or 603 can see the strong family similarities.

In the world of top qaulity PCP match rifles this is one of the most cost effective ways of getting started without having to consider the budget brands that may not be such a good long term investment.

Hi Bob, I`ll take this. Will pm for details.
    Best regards
    John

Hi John,

I took the laminated P70 to the club last night for my friend Paul to shoot as he had to come in on his motorcycle (his car was in the garage for repair), and carrying a match rifle on the bike would have been a bit tricky!

The "broken down car" may have just been an excuse to shoot my P70 of course! (it has always been a popular rifle to shoot) but Paul shot it all night and seemed to be enjoying himself. I did take a quick glimpse at his first 10 shot target as it traveled back on the target changer and noticed a one hole group - I didn't bother looking again after that as it could have been demoralising for me!

The P70 performed flawlessly, it really is a lovely rifle to shoot and its accuracy has always been impessive.

When I got home and read your message last night I realised that would have been the last time we would see this rifle on our club range (unless you are ever in the area and fancy a visit) and it will be sadly missed!

I will start looking for some suitable packaging, drain the air cylinder and get it packed-up ready to send to you.

The custom made oak "resting block" that I made to slide onto the accessory rail ( Paul made the metal fixings) will also be sent with the rifle and hopefully you will be tempted to enter the MPL Supported Air Rifle postal competition with it !

The raiser blocks fitted are set up for 10 meters shooting, but just by changing the pair of front pillars to a pair 3mm lower the rifle needs very little adjustment to zero it back in to shoot at 6 yards - and this has proven to be very handy!

Thanks for buying my Laminated P70 - I see the payment is already in my account!

Bob.

Hi Bob, thanks for all the additional information. Can you tell me where the raiser blocks can be sourced, I did google alcraft but didn`t have any luck.
    Regards
    John