Thread: Steyr lp5

Steyr lp5

Hi, help required.
    Got a LP5 in original cardboard box with all accessories, 2 air cylinders, 1xsingle & 2x5 shot magazines & a medium R/H grip. Thinking of selling as our club is folding and wondered if anyone had an idea of value. Have searched various sites and not many up for sale recently.
    Thanks for your help.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    The market is slow, but these are great pistols and seldom come up, the newer LP50s are typically going for around the £1200+ mark, so around £1100 would be a reasonable place to start, you can always reduce it if it does not go. It may also be worth looking at the dates on the cylinders as by now they could be short.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Prices

I would expect a price of £1100 would only be possible if you found someone who wanted one whatever the price.

If they have to budget for a new grip and cylinders. They might as well buy a factory fresh LP50.

I'm with Nick on this one, I'd have thought that £550 or maybe slightly more was around the right asking price as otherwise you start to extend into a price range where a much newer LP50 could be purchased.

JMHO,

Vic Thompson.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Lp5

Yorkee

Sorry your club is folding, nothing else in your area? Nick and Vic are right, a good pistol but top is around £500.

Best of Luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Many thanks

Many thanks to you all for taking the time to reply, will put it up for £550 and see what happens.
    Only one decent club left but not taking new members as others have folded in the local area and they are full. Plenty of clay shooting clubs around here so might try a new discipline.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    The market is slow, but these are great pistols and seldom come up, the newer LP50s are typically going for around the £1200+ mark, so around £1100 would be a reasonable place to start, you can always reduce it if it does not go. It may also be worth looking at the dates on the cylinders as by now they could be short.

James
    Looks like my estimates are well out, good job I'm not buying one!

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Lp5

Great pistols. Mine is over 20 years years old and has never missed a beat.
    A good buy at £550.
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    I'm with Nick on this one, I'd have thought that £550 or maybe slightly more was around the right asking price as otherwise you start to extend into a price range where a much newer LP50 could be purchased.

JMHO,

Vic Thompson.
    Ditto. Short arms deep pockets prevail!!

I would have though £650 - £700 was achievable if condition is good,

LP50's generally make £1000 used, The LP5 is a great pistol and not much out there for 5 shot, I'd start at £700, you'll normally get knocked down a bit due to the buyer needing a different grip etc and can always end up at £600 - £650, They don't come up often and generally sell quickly, the market is slow at the moment for target pistols but this has a niche market, If someones looking for one they'll go for it, if they're not it won't sell regardless of price. I had my Morini on sale for 3 months before I had a buyer, It was listed at £700 and in great condition, as soon as someone was looking for one he was eager to try it and paid the asking immediately, he got a bargain I got the wife off me back (I could have probably held out for another £100 or so but a small loss was worth the peace).
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more