Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gosh - SIG MCX Virtus PCP

I bought the CO2 MPX like a fool it’s only plus side was that it was reasonably solid.

Once I’d put a scope on it I took it to the range and was most miffed when I saw the pellets bouncing off the pop up targets and even more miffed when they bounced off the paper zeroing targets. Needless to say it went away rather rapidly.

Quick look at the Virtus .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MJWKvnu02A

Oh and a comment on the semi auto name

The NON semi auto but self indexing double action Virtus from Sig Air at IWA 2019. Oh no say the snowflakes!

Its double action. pull the trigger to fire then push the trigger forward i think to then load it to fire again .

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    It's not semi auto or self indexing. The fact that the operation of the trigger( you manually index) is the deciding factor in the next pellet lining up makes it perfectly legal and exactly the same as half of the co2 gear in existence already .The difference being it's in rifle format .obviously.
    If of decent internal quality and not sharing the cap gun ,monkey metal innards of its co2 cousins this could be the start of a US style practical rifle ( steel plate) discipline. And fun ,cos that's what this is about isn't it .
    But I'm not holding my breath I suspect that it will be the same and at £500.00 way overpriced when you see the RRP stateside not withstanding a trip in a container .
    So why does post #1 call it semi-auto

The CO2 MCX .177 version leaks like a leaky thing with a leak.
    There's a lot of plumbing inside with a lot of little o rings.

Looks good but not my thing.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    So why does post #1 call it semi-auto
    Pretty sure the lady rep in the video I posted said it was semi auto too then said you need to index it later in the video.