Thread: Cosmetic scope repairs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    the "black" on scopes, air cylinders, rifle actions all vary in shades and texture with different manufacturers and its very difficult finding the right shade of "black" - the birchwood casey pens in gloss isn't too bad a match for the edguns I find. would be great if each manufacturer would sell touch up paint like you see with car paint. To the OP - minor crimp marks aren't too bad if the scope is mounted as then you can't see them but elsewhere could be annoying if you have ocd like me...

Krylon flat black camo paint was excellent but I think nolonger available.

I use Birchwood Casey Aluminium Black to touch-up tiny spots of worn anodising on scope turrets and other areas.

Scope mount ring marks on the tube will often polish out with Brasso Duraglit Wadding, but it will make a matt finish more satin, so you need to polish the entire tube to keep the anodised finish even. A couple of tips, polish lightly and avoid polishing any painted-on numbering or lettering, as the wadding may remove it!

I use the Birchwood Casey paint and it is ok on small areas. One thing I do use a lot is a black permanent marker pen on little digs and edges which have small marks on.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    I use the Birchwood Casey paint and it is ok on small areas. One thing I do use a lot is a black permanent marker pen on little digs and edges which have small marks on.
    Black marker pen works well around the ejection port of my Benelli M2 shotgun, I hate that the recoiling bolt and ejecting shells wear the anodising.

I like to keep my guns shiny and new

I use black acrylic paint. Drys more matt than the original paint but hides small scratches.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.