Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cosmetic scope repairs

I use Birchwood Casey Aluminium Black to touch-up tiny spots of worn anodising on scope turrets and other areas.

Scope mount ring marks on the tube will often polish out with Brasso Duraglit Wadding, but it will make a matt finish more satin, so you need to polish the entire tube to keep the anodised finish even. A couple of tips, polish lightly and avoid polishing any painted-on numbering or lettering, as the wadding may remove it!

I use the Birchwood Casey paint and it is ok on small areas. One thing I do use a lot is a black permanent marker pen on little digs and edges which have small marks on.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    I use the Birchwood Casey paint and it is ok on small areas. One thing I do use a lot is a black permanent marker pen on little digs and edges which have small marks on.
    Black marker pen works well around the ejection port of my Benelli M2 shotgun, I hate that the recoiling bolt and ejecting shells wear the anodising.

I like to keep my guns shiny and new

I use black acrylic paint. Drys more matt than the original paint but hides small scratches.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.