Thread: HW100 Down Tune / Advice Please

HW100 Down Tune / Advice Please

Hi all

My .177 legal limit HW100s Is currently shooting at an average of 797 fps, 11.85 ft1b with Air Arms Diabolo field 8.4 grain pellets. And personally I think this Is a bit too close to the mark. I never use the heavier pellets that would probably take the rifle over the legal limit, but you do hear about all these stories about the police testing peoples guns with heavier pellets to try and catch them out. Not that I have any Current problems with the police that Is, but It's just a bit of worry, ''What If''

All I want to know Is, Is there a simple way of turning down the power slightly without taking the action to pieces? I'm not handy or confident with tampering and stripping down guns so any advice lads will be greatly appreciated,

John
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

I'd be unhappy that close to 12 as well.

Turning down is the same as turning up, so we're generally not supposed to discuss it on here. There may well be an anti-tamper in the way, which needs a bit of work to get past, you'd be far better off giving it to someone with the necessary handy skills to do the job.

Hi John,

I’ve been in the same boat.

Try hw100tuning.co.uk as a starting point to get some good information on what needs to be done.

If you aren’t comfortable doing the work yourself it either involves sending the rifle back to Hull Cartridge (who leave the anti-tamper in place when it gets returned to you, i.e. a one and done activity to fix the problem) or finding someone else on the forum to do the work for you (in which case the anti-tamper would be removed and you would be able to easily tune the rifle down yourself if it crept up again in the future).

Regards,
    Richard

Thanks for the replies and advice guys
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Turn the reg up this should valve lock the gun, this is the easiest way. should help with shotcount.