Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: best pump up rifle

Quote Originally Posted by xmdx13x View Post
    Ya, I'm a sucker for nice walmut as well. Here is another Sheridan I got with nice wood.

https://imgur.com/a/j1VInMR

Nice Crosman Danco. Crosman's 13XX have a good modular platform and there is a cottage industry of parts for them. Im not sure why Crosman hasnt made a rifle sized version on the same platform or with a Marauder breech. Tuners would have a good time modding them and I'm sure theyd push the platform further.

Absolutely stunning -- you're very lucky to own two such wonderful looking Sheridans.

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Somewhere, I have the Airgun World review of the Whalley Crosman and like many on here, I lusted after one. If I remember rightly you could order it with different types of wood for the stock.
    Regard the stock wood, I also seem to recall that, would be interesting to re-read that review !

Maybe Terry can lay his hands on it
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    I'm an absolute sucker for nicely figured wood!
    Who isn't ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I must get round to cleaning and oiling the Walnut stock on my 2 stroke Mohawk, there could be a nice bit of wood under all that muck --- knowing my luck though it'll probably just be dull and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by xmdx13x View Post

Nice Crosman Danco. Crosman's 13XX have a good modular platform and there is a cottage industry of parts for them. Im not sure why Crosman hasnt made a rifle sized version on the same platform or with a Marauder breech. Tuners would have a good time modding them and I'm sure theyd push the platform further.
    They made the Crosman backpacker which is a rifle which could be broken down quite easily. The stock clipped on using a retractable pin at the back of the grip frame. There was the more popular 2289 and 2289g. I had two including the earlier and rarer 1789 with a metal breech incl scope grooves and a flip out loader.

Crosman stopped producing the backpacker for a number of years. Recently they've started producing them again but package as this
    https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosm...rifle_kit/2913

More marketed towards kids and amateur preppers by the looks of things.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Sheridan Silverstreak was the best one I had.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Regard the stock wood, I also seem to recall that, would be interesting to re-read that review !

Maybe Terry can lay his hands on it
    I've dug out the March 1979 issue of Airgun World in which Arthur Reid reviews the Whaley/Crosman 761XL.
    He doesn't mention anything about different wood stocks but a contemporary advert by Whaley's of North London says "each rifle is custom built to customer's requirements and has over 200 different combinations of finish"
    I still seem to remember seeing an advert or article that actually listed the various types of wood available, also I feel sure I read a review by Rod Lynton -- I know he definitely owned one.

another nice c series
    would be nice for crosman to do a 13xx based on the 140 tube or a 7/8" tube but it would compete with the 392/7
    I recently made a tube valve and piston for a mate in 7/8" for a ssp pistol ended up as a 2 stroke in the end and I've made a few using 2100/2200 tubes

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    My 'vote' goes to the Sharp Victory and Pan Target. Unlike the Ace, which is far superior to the Innova, the trigger weight doesn't increase with the number of pumps.
    My vote would also go with the Sharp Victory.
    Had one in 1995 and foolishly sold it.
    B.A.S.C. member

A rapid and a hills pump!

Bb

See my username. See my avatar