Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: best pump up rifle

best pump up rifle

afternoon lads which is the best 922 daisy crap sharp innova ace good now have Benjamin 347 & 392 any others anybody has had always fancied a setra not had a Sheridan .20 pellets not much choice so what you got
    millybot1

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I can't quite make out what you're asking, but I had a Benjamin 392 with a Wliiams peep sight. I've also had some Crosman pumpers, but the Benjamin was much better built.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

titan mohawk was probs the best pneumatic rifle I ever had, (single stroke) I bitterly regret selling it

second probs a sharp innova if you can find a good one

Quote Originally Posted by gary smith View Post
    titan mohawk was probs the best pneumatic rifle I ever had, (single stroke) I bitterly regret selling it

second probs a sharp innova if you can find a good one
    Good point! Mick (T20) has some good single and double pumps, I had a PH Dragon too which was fab!

Daystate Sportsman Mk2, 1 or 2 strokes, variable power. I did an HFT course with one, once. Jeepers, what a workout.
    As a multipump, I love my little Crosman 766 and despite what some may think, a most effective rat rifle at short range.
    Ace, Innova, Dragon all superb.
    And I enjoyed the Paradigm when I tried the prototype (?) at the Shooting Show at Newark ... pretty sure it was Newark or was it the first appearance at Stoneleigh?

Cheers, Phil

pump upds

i have to pump ups in sales

Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    i have to pump ups in sales
    You cheeky monkey.

Although I can't profess to know much about them, the Daystate Sportsman that I collected once for T20 felt the best engineeeed / best quality pump-up that I've ever handled. Very solid and with a beautiful stock.

Although I never delved inside them, I have owned a Sharp Ace (with Kestock bolt conversion) and two Innovas. The Ace, predictably, felt more sturdy and solid (I always felt the Innova's breech / receiver felt flimsy). Both very accurate. And a nice, "crisp and clean" release, courtesy of the exhaust valve arrangement compared to the less refined hammer types. But then the trigger weight increased with the number of pumps.

Early Sheridans and Benjamins felt very solid and boasted classic "sporter handling".

Also owned a few 766s, 2100s and a Model 1. Flimsy feeling, not-so-clever triggers, but they'd do the job at short range.

The only pumpers I own now are a standard 1377 pistol and one that I "mini-carbined"; only used for fun. The little carbine's very accurate (steel breech conversion, shoulder stock and 4x32 scope) and I feel it's a far better platform than the 2100 type rifles. You really have to work and concentrate hard to extract that accuracy, though, with the light weight, heavy trigger and slippery butt section.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    slippery butt section.
    <snigger>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    <snigger>
    It's that Bumslide, y'know!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Sportsman Mk2 I like, also the PH Dragon, just 'cos I love watching the variable fulcrum move as you charge it.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Good point! Mick (T20) has some good single and double pumps, I had a PH Dragon too which was fab!
    Ah, pumpers --- Yes I have one or two, Nick :-

About 12 Crosman 1300/1322/1377 pistols
    3 Crosman 140 rifles
    1 Arcos Setra AS1000 (.177") --- built 1983, gives two shots per pumping, bought new for £45
    1 Sheridan Bluestreak with checkered stock and swivels --- believed to be a Rod Lynton custom ?
    1 Sheridan Silverstreak.
    1 Chinese multi pump (.177") with magazine --- given to me by UKNeil at the first Boinger Bash.
    1 Daystate Sportsman MK2 (.22") --- as mensioned above by Tony.
    1 Titan Mohawk single stroke (.22") --- came as a basket case, now my favourite gun.
    1 Titan Mohawk multi pump (.22") --- very nice with Walnut stock but I prefer the single stroke.
    1 Parker Hale Dragon (.22") --- needs rebuilding and a new stock, but the action doesn't float my boat.
    1 Feinwerkbau 600 single stroke rifle.
    1 Feinwerkbau 602 single stroke rifle.

1 SMK qb78 which I'm working on converting to single stroke pneumatic.

I think that's all of them --- I have a couple of springers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Ah, pumpers --- Yes I have one or two, Nick :-

About 12 Crosman 1300/1322/1377 pistols
    3 Crosman 140 rifles
    1 Arcos Setra AS1000 (.177") --- built 1983, gives two shots per pumping, bought new for £45
    1 Sheridan Bluestreak with checkered stock and swivels --- believed to be a Rod Lynton custom ?
    1 Sheridan Silverstreak.
    1 Chinese multi pump (.177") with magazine --- given to me by UKNeil at the first Boinger Bash.
    1 Daystate Sportsman MK2 (.22") --- as mensioned above by Tony.
    1 Titan Mohawk single stroke (.22") --- came as a basket case, now my favourite gun.
    1 Titan Mohawk multi pump (.22") --- very nice with Walnut stock but I prefer the single stroke.
    1 Parker Hale Dragon (.22") --- needs rebuilding and a new stock, but the action doesn't float my boat.
    1 Feinwerkbau 600 single stroke rifle.
    1 Feinwerkbau 602 single stroke rifle.

1 SMK qb78 which I'm working on converting to single stroke pneumatic.

I think that's all of them --- I have a couple of springers as well.
    Only a couple Mick ????

Had a few over the years, Setra, Blue Streak, Silver Streak, a couple of Ace's, but the one that always put a smile on my face was the little Innova. I still have the Frenchi Innova which I bought from Mick French on here quite a few years back, cracking bit of wood on it

Quote Originally Posted by ken69 View Post
    Had a few over the years, Setra, Blue Streak, Silver Streak, a couple of Ace's, but the one that always put a smile on my face was the little Innova. I still have the Frenchi Innova which I bought from Mick French on here quite a few years back, cracking bit of wood on it
    I had an ex Mick French 1377 brought to me for repair by a member from Coventry, it was sold on here by the owner, Sunny76 ?, and later broken up and sold for parts on here.