Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: best pump up rifle

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Wasn't that the one the magazines admitted to cheating with when it came to the accuracy testing? I well remember reading about them and lusted after one.

ATB
    Ian
    IIRC, Ian, the story goes that it was raining so to get a picture of the gun's accuracy, Rod Lynton simply put the barrel on the middle of the target and pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    Information supplied by JB. The Laiser 12 was made by a chap named John Brown. He bought a compound lever 12 ft/lbs single stroke from JB. John Brown made his version of that but it didnt work so he approached JB with another design asking for help and advice. The result was the Laiser 12 on which he paid JB a licence fee for each rifle sold. That was 6 in all before John Brown stopped due to ill health. One of his customers for the Laiser 12 was a certain Graham Bluck. Say no more
    Thanks for that, interesting reading
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    No, because they are by all accounts a bit rubbish.

Actually I either put a low bid in on one at auction a while ago, or seriously considered doing so, but only because I wanted to experience the reported rubbishness and retain the option of selling it for at least what I’d paid.
    the whaley as designed was rap as they used a poor gun to start with the 761xl the use of plastic in it's cocking block results in breakages and wear
    my particular one had a worn cocking block so I made one from ally and made a stainless probe also machining the barrel to take an o ring
    I also set it for full valve dump

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Er, wow.

What do you like most, and least?

No 2200s?

Er, wow, again.
    I've at least 3 2200's a first a 2nd and I think a 4th model 2200a plus I think I have a couple in bits awaiting parts
    my favourite pumper to shoot was a little hybrid I made using a 2200 tube and lever with 13xx internals and steel breech -I'm planning on doing an upgraded version with a scratch built tube and valve and m-rod .25 barrel as a ratting gun to take fishing with me
    my favourite to have is either my early 50's Benjamin 312 or my 20's 1st variant 101

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    I've at least 3 2200's a first a 2nd and I think a 4th model 2200a plus I think I have a couple in bits awaiting parts
    my favourite pumper to shoot was a little hybrid I made using a 2200 tube and lever with 13xx internals and steel breech -I'm planning on doing an upgraded version with a scratch built tube and valve and m-rod .25 barrel as a ratting gun to take fishing with me
    my favourite to have is either my early 50's Benjamin 312 or my 20's 1st variant 101
    You have some interesting toys
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Of my pumpers, I would go along with Ped and say the Benjamin 312 is my favourite.
    It's very well made, nice and short and a good hard hitter and I love the look of the tootsie roll pump arm.
    A close second would be the Crosman 147 but these days I prefer .22 over .177 because the pellets are a lot less fiddly to load!

Somewhere, I have the Airgun World review of the Whalley Crosman and like many on here, I lusted after one. If I remember rightly you could order it with different types of wood for the stock.

I've owned quite a few crosman 1377/1322/2289s over the years. Just the one 1322 pistol now

Thrown a bit of money at it as happens with these guns. Its got a flat top piston, flat top valve with stock internals and a light hammer spring and new trigger internals, 2289 black grips and a silencer adaptor & a stubby light delrin silencer which does the job. The original 1322 had a hardened pivot pin which is great. I'm getting 5.2ish fpe with .22 hobbys (440-451fps) and what's great about the FT valve and piston is, that's after only 6 pumps (pump it any higher and power drops as hammer cannot dump the air). With the weaker hammer spring, there's air left in the valve and the second shot at the same power only requires a further 3 pumps.
    There is a bit of hammer bounce so fitting a debounce device could help reduce the second charge number of pumps. But tbh, I'm not forking out for a HDD which is just a small bit of plastic shipped over from the states. It does all I need it for, is fun and a great little plinker/close range ratter.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Of the mass produced MSPs I'd go with the Sheridan C. Ive got a few from the 50s that have never been resealed and still shoot strong. Some of the Benjamins 312s and 317s are pretty nice as well and can put out some nice power. There's alot of really nice guns that weren't mass produced that are nicer and better built but harder to come by. In terms of newer guns the Chinese MSP Multi shot is a good gun by most accounts.

Heres a pic of my nicely wooded Silver Streak

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV8g0p-g...d=ff1myhwhkrjb

Quote Originally Posted by xmdx13x View Post
    Of the mass produced MSPs I'd go with the Sheridan C. Ive got a few from the 50s that have never been resealed and still shoot strong. Some of the Benjamins 312s and 317s are pretty nice as well and can put out some nice power. There's alot of really nice guns that weren't mass produced that are nicer and better built but harder to come by. In terms of newer guns the Chinese MSP Multi shot is a good gun by most accounts.

Heres a pic of my nicely wooded Silver Streak

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV8g0p-g...d=ff1myhwhkrjb
    that's one of the nicest silvers I've seen stock wise was the Williams peep factory fitted or added later

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    I've owned quite a few crosman 1377/1322/2289s over the years. Just the one 1322 pistol now

Thrown a bit of money at it as happens with these guns. Its got a flat top piston, flat top valve with stock internals and a light hammer spring and new trigger internals, 2289 black grips and a silencer adaptor & a stubby light delrin silencer which does the job. The original 1322 had a hardened pivot pin which is great. I'm getting 5.2ish fpe with .22 hobbys (440-451fps) and what's great about the FT valve and piston is, that's after only 6 pumps (pump it any higher and power drops as hammer cannot dump the air). With the weaker hammer spring, there's air left in the valve and the second shot at the same power only requires a further 3 pumps.
    There is a bit of hammer bounce so fitting a debounce device could help reduce the second charge number of pumps. But tbh, I'm not forking out for a HDD which is just a small bit of plastic shipped over from the states. It does all I need it for, is fun and a great little plinker/close range ratter.
    like you've done with your 1322 this has a FTP and shoots about 5.5fpe on 5 pumps but is limited by the light hammer spring and starts to valve lock so on 6 pumps shoots under 5fpe
    I made it from a second variant 1322 but only used barrel tube and lever the frame is a phase 1 frame and the valve is a new phase 3 one I made all the other parts
    the wood work I inletted for the grip and lever but sent it to Patty to be shaped
    https://i.imgur.com/wsH0SrO.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/6CvYX31.jpg

that's one of the nicest silvers I've seen stock wise was the Williams peep factory fitted or added later
    It came from the factory fitted and has the longer 6" handguard. In general the Sheridans that came from the factory with the peep sights installed had nicer walnut stocks. Ive got a hold down safety model peep sight with a really nice wood as well but on that one the figure doesnt follow thru to both sides.

I keep looking for a thumb safety but not found one at realistic money same as silvers
    I have a mate who works part time at a platers and may get one of my bluestreaks nickeled

Quote Originally Posted by xmdx13x View Post
    It came from the factory fitted and has the longer 6" handguard. In general the Sheridans that came from the factory with the peep sights installed had nicer walnut stocks. Ive got a hold down safety model peep sight with a really nice wood as well but on that one the figure doesnt follow thru to both sides.
    That certainly is one of the nicest stocks I've seen on a Sheridan.
    I have a Model F CO2 in Tiger Maple but have to admit your looks even better -- I'm an absolute sucker for nicely figured wood!

like you've done with your 1322 this has a FTP and shoots about 5.5fpe on 5 pumps but is limited by the light hammer spring and starts to valve lock so on 6 pumps shoots under 5fpe
    I made it from a second variant 1322 but only used barrel tube and lever the frame is a phase 1 frame and the valve is a new phase 3 one I made all the other parts
    the wood work I inletted for the grip and lever but sent it to Patty to be shaped
    https://i.imgur.com/wsH0SrO.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/6CvYX31.jpg
    Nice 1322! I like the wooden grips too. That's the next upgrade for me when I find a pair I like
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    That certainly is one of the nicest stocks I've seen on a Sheridan.
    I have a Model F CO2 in Tiger Maple but have to admit your looks even better -- I'm an absolute sucker for nicely figured wood!

Ya, I'm a sucker for nice walmut as well. Here is another Sheridan I got with nice wood.

https://imgur.com/a/j1VInMR

Nice Crosman Danco. Crosman's 13XX have a good modular platform and there is a cottage industry of parts for them. Im not sure why Crosman hasnt made a rifle sized version on the same platform or with a Marauder breech. Tuners would have a good time modding them and I'm sure theyd push the platform further.