Thread: umarex rp5 leaking

umarex rp5 leaking

hi there ,my new umarex rp5 carbine co2 .177, power is 3/4 ftb and umarex web site advertise 11 jul/ 8 ftb after half tin of pellets is is leaking from
    the seal where the screw cap is , i took it back to the supplier and left it with him, after one week ,he said all he had to do is spray silicon on the seal and its working fine ,but as for the power he's not sure if it will reach to that but he sent it back to them,my question is it in my right to ask for my money back if the power issue not fixed.
    thanks

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by alfy View Post
    hi there ,my new umarex rp5 carbine co2 .177, power is 3/4 ftb and umarex web site advertise 11 jul/ 8 ftb after half tin of pellets is is leaking from
    the seal where the screw cap is , i took it back to the supplier and left it with him, after one week ,he said all he had to do is spray silicon on the seal and its working fine ,but as for the power he's not sure if it will reach to that but he sent it back to them,my question is it in my right to ask for my money back if the power issue not fixed.
    thanks
    From what I've read the UK .177 Carbine is only 7.5 joules, the .22 has an 11 joule output. Unless the RFD told you it was going to have the higher output you don't have the right to return it as it's not faulty. The use of silicone spray to cure the Co2 leak is a common fix. I've used it to cure leaky airsoft mags.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Can you recommend a good one?