Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
Right, I'm now the proud owner of a lovely shiny old motorcycle and I want to take my nice new to me bike to the bash as it's a brilliant excuse to have a nice long run. My question is is it:

A: legal to carry my 77 on a motorcyclebikmotorcycle

And B: how do I carry my full length 77 on my motorcycle..

Both interesting question which would be great to solve as mixing my two favourite Hobies together would be great

Thanks all in advance for your input!
Rhys
I personally wouldn't try it with a long heavy gun like a '77, it's the getting on & off & petrol stations reactions thats the worst bits, carrying it on the bike isn't so bad. But what I would do is fill up that vfr of yours with fresh petrol & add a dose of redex for the first half a dozen fills to clean the fuel system out. Modern unleaded goes off after a month or 2 unless you add fuel stabiliser to it, it also leaves deposits in carbs or injection systems.I sorted out my sv650 rough running with this method when I first got it a couple of years ago & after every time i dont ride it for over a month. Right, now back to my fave film, the original bedazzled with peter cook & dudley moore.......