Thread: Loss of power after barrel clean?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Got to agree with the bear, reading your post suggest you chronod it a couple of years back, stuck it in a cupboard until you cleaned the barrel, took some shots and chronod it again very recently?
    Quote Originally Posted by roster11 View Post
    Recently had it blueprinted by JB as it's been sat In the cupboard unused. Meaning it's been blueprinted after its hibernation. Crystal lads.
    As per Mr plinker, I read it as it was blueprinted then put away, and recently brought out of the cupboard, now you've explained it I read it the way you say.
    When you know what you're trying to say it's obvious, but if like me you didn't know it can be interpreted in either way.

Update: Just put 10 shots through the chrono in a more ambient temperature and saw a massive improvement. The mean Fps being 562 with a standard deviation of 4 Fps (JB really does make these rifles go up another level). That equates to a
    mean of 11.24 ft/lbs with AA field 16grn.

I will rarely be shooting at -2C (temp i chrono'd at last night) but its good to know that even in the extremes I lose less than 1ft/lb of energy. Forever learning aren't we!
    BSA JB Superten carbine MK2 action in MK3 stock done in realtree hardwoods by hydrographics.
    BSA Ultra CLX first edition SN181