Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Venom custom hw85

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    You would think, a shop like Tal would know the value of a 2nd hand Venom rifle tho, they do a fair amount of business
    Many many years ago I bought a SFS Stingray custom T (basically a SFS tuned Stingray in a CS600 Tyrolean stock) from TAL and the guy in there at the time (he left many years ago) knew his rifles, I always found them a bit dippy after he left but I haven't been in there since I left my last job (about 4 years ago) and not working in that area anymore, I might have to have a trip down soon as it's not that far but they seemed to be full of Chinese rifles and anything decent was over priced.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Ah, when I wrote "seriously though" that meant the bit before that about me buying a Venom 85 wasn't serious.

All the best Mick
    My Apologies mick didn't click on you were pulling my leg
    Regards victor

Quote Originally Posted by paulliver View Post
    I bought it yesterday night
    Atb paul
    Well done Paul you got a bargain, you would think they would know when they have sold a rare rifle like this and mark it as sold. But time to move on and once again congratulations and all the best.
    Regards victor

Quote Originally Posted by airpowerd1a View Post
    Well done Paul you got a bargain, you would think they would know when they have sold a rare rifle like this and mark it as sold. But time to move on and once again congratulations and all the best.
    Regards victor
    Cheers victor
    Got an email from tal last night with all there second hand rifles for sale and when i noticed the venom for sale at that price and period scope aswell i just had to buy it
    Atb paul

Cheers victor
    Got an email from tal last night with all there second hand rifles for sale and when i noticed the venom for sale at that price and period scope aswell i just had to buy it
    Atb paul
    Anything interesting on that list Paul, like the Diana 34 anniversary model I'm after

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Regards victor
    Regards victor
    Spoken like a true gent'.

My regards to you, Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. Different dealer btw. Paid for the gun, payment taken, later to be followed by an email telling me gun was already sold an I would be refunded. Very hard to prove any dodgy dealing.
    Was just thinking about what happened to you-the very same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Spoken like a true gent'.

My regards to you, Sir.
    Thank you very much for your comments
    My regards to you also sir

Regards victor
    No need to apologise, Victor.

In fact it's me who should be apologising to you for pulling your leg when you were obviously a bit down after your failed purchase --- sorry.

All the best Mick

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Dealers do make mistakes, not so long ago I rang my local dealer to ask if he had any left handed springers in to which he replied yes I have A TX200 in a custom left hand stock in .177 .
    Shot ! over to find it was a TX200 SR with a jammed sledge, dealer or his staff hadn't realised it was an SR but honoured the price.
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

Bad luck OP, but other opportunities will come your way.

Reminds me when I drove from London down to Avalon guns to buy a well priced rapid mk2, it was to be my first PCP and I agreed to buy it and told them I would come and collect and pay the next day. Needless to say it was sold when I arrived. I have a large collection of rifles and sporting guns now but I've never been back to that shop! I had a long drive home and learned an important lesson! Soon after that I bought an FX verminator off here for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Anything interesting on that list Paul, like the Diana 34 anniversary model I'm after

Pete
    This any good pete ???
    https://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy-sel...w#.XEtYM32ny7M

Almost, same type of stock design but it's the poorer brother (beech stock), I have looked into them but that one is up North and collection only, thanks for pointing it out to me anyway.

Pete

It seems like TAL are more interested in the scuba side of the business these days...in my opinion anyway.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

That Venom 85 was my dream German break barrel. I saw it too and tried to buy it, but it wouldn't take the payment and flagged up as unavailable. Just have to be satisfied with my standard hw85k I suppose. Was lucky to find that in vgc.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."