Thread: What size O ring

What size O ring

Can anyone please tell me the o ring size used on the brass plunger in the inlet on a BSA spitfire Hi fill the part No 16-6323. this part is used on a number of guns. I can buy a kit of seals which includes this one but not a single seal. I have tried a 3mm ID x 1.5 cross section but this will not let any air through.
    Mac

If you mean the O rings (there are 2 of them) used on the probe to fill the gun with air, from my notes they are BS008.

Cheers, Phil

Hi Phil thanks for your reply, the O ring in question is not on the probe but in the part that the probe fits in to. There is a spring and brass plunger with an O ring fitted to the one end that stops the air coming out of the chamber.
    Last evening I fitted another smaller O ring still 6mm OD but 3.177 bore, so far this is working.
    Mac

Thanks for the information ... it must be an odd size (???) as I cannot find anything similar in my O ring charts.

Cheers, Phil

Hi,

Did you ever get the correct size?. I have the same issue. Replaced with an o ring that fits fine but will not fill.

I need 16-6323 I believe. We have a great supplier locally where I can get over the counter.

Cheers Hadgee