Thread: HW55/LG55 springs

HW55/LG55 springs

Hi,

anyone got a lead on original springs or an equivilent for a 6ftlbs output in an old LG55?

Am I right in thinking the HW55 springs will fit in a LG55 and vice versa?

Chambers list a Titan no7 spring for a 55.
    I think the HW30 springs will fit, they do the 7.5 joules (5.5ftlbs) or export version which might be a bit high, I know 30's do 7-8ftlbs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Cheers,
    Matt.

I could use a 6 ft lb spring as well...
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Vic at Protek said he has one LG55 spring he kept as a pattern, he’ll try to find some matches over the weekend. If he has a few I’ll give out s shout if anyone wants one.
    Matt.

The UK 99 spring will fit with some coils removed.

I bought a new 6ftlb spring for a 55T from Versandhaus Schneider. If I remember correctly, even with shipping from Germany it cost less than from the Uk ... and if you can add a few other bits to the order for whatever you want (maybe for an LGV/LGU) then the cost saving can be greater.
    Here are my notes from the time: 'Spring guide is the old HW steel cross end one. Tested for breech leak and all OK. Original spring spec is, I believe c. 2.75mm wire x 32 coils. The replacement I put in initially is HW77 spec but seems OK ... (note: more than 6ftlb though.) A meteor spring does not fit as the spring guide does not fit.
    Subsequently fitted a 7.5J spring from Versandhaus Schneider .. no difference to original. So eased piston and added 5mm preload. Now c 580 with Geco. Then fitted nylon spring guide and with Hobby is now 600fps.' Very nice. I believe these rifles were originally designed for 6ftlb target shooting?

Cheers, Phil

Cheers guys,

couldn't find any on Versandhaus Schneider but came across supposedly original HW55 7.5j ones here:

https://www.mundilar.net/en/replacem...w55-hw99s.html

I've ordered a couple for myself and an extra one if anyone wants it, £16 + postage.

I'll see what Vic at Protek unearths to match his LG55 spring next week, but I believe they are pretty much the same.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi waffencenter-gotha list both I've got parts direct from bhim to uk
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Helm View Post
    Hi waffencenter-gotha list both I've got parts direct from bhim to uk
    Ian
    Lots of lovely obscure vintage spares on there.
    Even original 6ftlbs springs for Feinwerkbau 150, been looking for one of those.

That’s brilliant thanks,

Matt.

waffencenter-gotha, I purchased from these before including for an LG55 spring and piston seal, Very good service & would happily use them again,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more