Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Venom custom hw85

Venom custom hw85

Hi all
    Just paid for a venom he 85 with my bank card,which was advertised on gun star for the bargain price of £250. I was just about to contact my local rfd to arrange delivery when the phone rang and the owner of the gun shop told me he was sorry but the rifle had already been sold prior to selling it to me, even though they had taken payment from my card. Have I been gazumped. Any thoughts chaps
    Last edited by airpowerd1a; 19-01-2019 at 01:24 PM.

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Probably been offered a lot more off somebody else.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Probably been offered a lot more off somebody else.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    So why bother with sites like gunstar

Quote Originally Posted by airpowerd1a View Post
    Hi all
    Just paid for a venom he 85 with my bank card,which was advertised on gun star for the bargain price of £250. I was just about to contact my local rfd to arrange delivery when the phone rang and the owner of the gun shop told me he was sorry but the rifle had already been sold prior to selling it to me, even though they had taken payment from my card. Have I been gazumped. Any thoughts chaps

That's a coincidence --- I've just bought a Venom 85 for £250 from a gunshop this morning.

Seriously though, if it's a busy shop with more than one person on the counter these things can happen.

All the best Mick

I contacted the shop as just up the road regarding same rifle and asked wether it had any paperwork ref the venom tune, they replied politely and quickly saying it only had stickers and the old boy previous owners word.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    That's a coincidence --- I've just bought a Venom 85 for £250 from a gunshop this morning.

Seriously though, if it's a busy shop with more than one person on the counter these things can happen.

All the best Mick
    Seems funny they would take payment by card off me then have to phone me back to dis honour the deal and refund payment. I asked owner twice if gun was still for sale at which he called out to his colleguge is the venom he 85 still for sale yes was the reply. Obviously it's the same gun I am curious as to what time your transaction went through so I can check it with mine. I hope for the sake of fair play this is not a case of whose got the deepest pockets.
    Regards airpowerd1a

Seems funny they would take payment by card off me then have to phone me back to dis honour the deal and refund payment. I asked owner twice if gun was still for sale at which he called out to his colleguge is the venom he 85 still for sale yes was the reply. Obviously it's the same gun I am curious as to what time your transaction went through so I can check it with mine. I hope for the sake of fair play this is not a case of whose got the deepest pockets.
    Regards airpowerd1a
    Ah, when I wrote "seriously though" that meant the bit before that about me buying a Venom 85 wasn't serious.

All the best Mick

Advertised online at that sort of money the dealer might have had an impromptu auction on their hands.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I contacted the shop as just up the road regarding same rifle and asked wether it had any paperwork ref the venom tune, they replied politely and quickly saying it only had stickers and the old boy previous owners word.
    Are we talking about TAL Arms?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Are we talking about TAL Arms?

Pete
    Yes Pete

Regards airpowerd1a
    I bought it yesterday night
    Atb paul

Venom 85

£250..a very nice buy for that. Bargain. Mach 1.5

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I'd say £250 for a decent condition 85 is pretty good going but if it's got the added advantage of being Venom tuned then bloody bargain if you ask me.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Different dealer btw. Paid for the gun, payment taken, later to be followed by an email telling me gun was already sold an I would be refunded. Very hard to prove any dodgy dealing.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'd say £250 for a decent condition 85 is pretty good going but if it's got the added advantage of being Venom tuned then bloody bargain if you ask me.

Pete
    You would think, a shop like Tal would know the value of a 2nd hand Venom rifle tho, they do a fair amount of business