Thread: Indoor Range in the west Mids

Indoor Range in the west Mids

Would anyone be interested in an indoor range up to a maximum of around 25-30 yards open 6 days a week times to be decided upon but around 9 am to 6pm and a couple of late night in the week. Pistols or rifles up to 12 foot only. Let me know what you think.

You would get my business if it went to 45-55 yards. As the closest ones are Doncaster and Manchester. Bit of a long haul just to zero a rifle.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Would anyone be interested in an indoor range up to a maximum of around 25-30 yards open 6 days a week times to be decided upon but around 9 am to 6pm and a couple of late night in the week. Pistols or rifles up to 12 foot only. Let me know what you think.
    There's already a range in Wednesbury - 25 yards but mostly caters for .22rf, so it's not the best place to go to shoot air rifle. It soon gets boring shooting at 25 yards but a dedicated air rifle range would be nice, it would be good for zeroing and setting up new rifles so I would probably use it occasionally - depending on how much it costs and where it is
    Last edited by Michael Lewis; 25-01-2019 at 01:09 PM.

I would be interested

good idea. we had several here. sadly gone now. one was a brilliant club. could take in my rim fires and centre fires. and we all swapped guns. best i got to swap with? 9mm parabelum (luger) and webley .45. Oh! another one was the lee enfield .303 re barrelled to .22. much less punch in the shoulder to the real one.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Indoor range

I would be interested great idea.

Be good but a tad more yards would be great say 45y or even 55y if poss.

The idea will be to zero guns.The unit size will not allow us to get the 45-55 you mention, there will be knock down and up targets of various sizes and maybe a couple of returning paper targets on pully systems to accurately zero your guns in zero wind. A vending machine for hot drinks, divers bottle for refills. Oh and new guns to try. Cost is likely to be £5 per hour. Let me know your thoughts.

Could be a winner where are you looking at, the West Midlands is a fair area.

Sounds good.
    Stage 1 SFS HW80k with Airmaster Dominator stock and silencer.
    Paul Short stage 2 tuned HW95k with a Luke Jolly trigger.
    Wonky Donkey stage 2 tuned HW99s

Yes please it would be very useful, just so yiu know there is a indoor range near to the jewellery qauter with 50 and 25yd plus pistol range
    Where abouts are you thinking of having it??
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I'd certainly be interested. As others have said it would be good if it was a longer range but even so 25-30 yards indoor will be good for bench rest, light sporting rifle, long range air pistol as well as general practice. An indoor range, open during the day and dedicated to airguns is what will set this apart from existing facilities.
    Where in the W.Midlands will it be located?

The idea will be to zero guns.The unit size will not allow us to get the 45-55 you mention, there will be knock down and up targets of various sizes and maybe a couple of returning paper targets on pully systems to accurately zero your guns in zero wind. A vending machine for hot drinks, divers bottle for refills. Oh and new guns to try. Cost is likely to be £5 per hour. Let me know your thoughts.
    That's a pity abut the length of the range but 25y or 30y if possible will be ok to roughly set up, hence I might be interested now & then.
    Nice & dry is always a bonus at times with a nice cuppa too. Keep us posted... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon79 View Post
    You would get my business if it went to 45-55 yards. As the closest ones are Doncaster and Manchester. Bit of a long haul just to zero a rifle.
    ditto would love a 55 yard indoor range to set up .