Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who loves there relum

Protek love em too

I've only ever had one Relum, a Tornado. To be fair it wasn't in good condition when I bought it. In fact it was fairly poor appearance wise & mechanically it wouldn't cock as the piston seemed to only move a fraction before the cocking force began to approach the unacceptable. Despite these problems I thought it was worth getting just for the fun of seeing how it might turn out after spending some time on it. To cut a long story short the appearance was improved with time & elbow grease & the functionality was sorted out eventually. In the process of doing so the barrel was found to wobble & be loose enough to be pulled out. The piston was actually larger than the internal diameter of the cylinder.......no wonder it wouldn't cock! There were other things too but it all went back together minus the small diameter spring. It now looks ok & shoots quite well, bit noisy, still a bit twangy, with mediocre accuracy. I never expected it to be a bright shiny powerhouse of a tack driver so it ok as a short range plinker but the accuracy let's it down a bit & it's not the smoothest of shooters so it wouldn't be my first choice. But then it started off as a rough one so it's not very fair to tar them all with the same brush. Since some people really like their Relums I'd like to try a good'un just to see what one is like, but at the moment 'love them', no, not really.