Thread: legalities of selling propellant powder

legalities of selling propellant powder

Does any form of paperwork have to be shown to buy powders like Unique that are classed as a propellant as opposed the Black powder?

Not as far as I'm aware, only for primers.

i bought some yesterday and only my name / address and what i bought was written in a book.
    was told not all areas do this but some police force like a log to be kept by shops

No although your sshop may have its own preferences, which is their right
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    https://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=35136

I thought the HSE were only interested in the ammount of propellent you could hold but like most statute its pretty sprawling and unclear...ish
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Incidentally, personally, I have no objection to having to show an FAC for powder and primers. At least some part of the hand loading process needs to be controlled. You cannot simply buy factory ammo off the shelf so why allow a loophole for any individual to use?
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    Incidentally, personally, I have no objection to having to show an FAC for powder and primers. At least some part of the hand loading process needs to be controlled. You cannot simply buy factory ammo off the shelf so why allow a loophole for any individual to use?
    Agree, There was a time not so long ago when you could buy everything you needed to make ammunition with no name/address/certificate needed nor asked for - all perfectly legal and I recall being somewhat bemused by that. Primers are probably the most difficult to make for yourself so it is good that these are now at least controlled at point of sale.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL