Thread: Airgun Book find

Airgun Book find

Come across 2 books for sale never really been after them but heard of them being mentioned on here so I picked them up cheap, printed 1995
    The Airgun From The Trigger To The Muzzle and The Airgun From The Trigger To Target signed by the authors.
    Both in good condition should be worth a look although contents is way past my level of understanding
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Come across 2 books for sale never really been after them but heard of them being mentioned on here so I picked them up cheap, printed 1995
    The Airgun From The Trigger To The Muzzle and The Airgun From The Trigger To Target signed by the authors.
    Both in good condition should be worth a look although contents is way past my level of understanding
    Gerald Cardew and his son if I remember right .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Gerald Cardew and his son if I remember right .
    Correct bighit it is indeed,
    Looking at their research they are clever people
    I don't know if they them selves tuned guns or just concentrated on the the physics behind it all??
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Gerald CArdew designed the GC2 PCP or at least had a hand in it (with John Ford of Sportsmatch ?)
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I also believe that Gerald did undertake some tuning work and also did repairs for a West Midlands shop?

If you haven't bought the books already, Para, and you can afford, get them bought. All part of our rich heritage. Things are explained very well in them and, having met you, I KNOW you'll be fine with the content. Some of the workings have now been superseded by Jim Tyler and Dr Mike, but the Cardew works possibly provided some of the building blocks for more recent experimentation and understanding.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Gerald did some general work on peoples rifles for them as said in his workshop. He also used to write for the magazines and carry out a lot of basic research on anything airgunning. I worked with him on pellet designs and testing from the late eighties and also gave a small amount of help and advice in the trigger to target book. I still have a lot of the results from our work on pellet designs which were fired using his projector and a very small number of the pellets.

I have "Airgun from The Trigger to Muzzle" as a 10mb PDF & "Airgun from Trigger to Target" as a 120mb PDF that I would be more than willing to share here..
    any member who who wants a link please PM me.

Terry and the Mods if this contravenes any rule Ive missed, please accept my apologies and just delete this post.
    Regards
    Scott
    Last edited by Scott.; 21-01-2019 at 09:53 PM.

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Anybody View Post
    I have "Airgun from The Trigger to Muzzle" as a 10mb PDF & "Airgun from Trigger to Target" as a 120mb PDF that I would be more than willing to share here..
    any member who who wants a link please PM me.
    Scott
    Hi Scott
    I would greatly appreciate it if you would be kind enough to forward both of the PDF's to my email address :

al.armitage@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks in anticipation, Alastair Armitage

Quote Originally Posted by CLOGGER View Post
    Hi Scott
    I would greatly appreciate it if you would be kind enough to forward both of the PDF's to my email address :

Many thanks in anticipation, Alastair Armitage
    Links sent Al, hope you enjoy them