Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting back into the sport, rifle choice?

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Thanks, Gents. I’d love a 95 but new out of my price range but I’ll see if I’ve tyrns up in the sales section
    Put an ad in the Wanted Section Steve, you never know as there are plenty out there.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Sent you a PM Steve

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Sent you a PM Steve
    Cheers, Paul. Replied to

Kirlees guns in Huddersfield have got a deal on at the moment brand new hw95k Luxus stock but the 16" barrel weight version which in my opinion is the best for £250 they only have .177 left but at least they don't only have .22 left

Cheers, Paul. Replied to
    Replied back .

If this is of interest Steve.

I have a mint 95K in .22 sat in my wardrobe which is very much loved but very much undershot. I am not a million miles from you and you are welcome to borrow/shoot/spend some time with it and come to your own conclusion.

If you like it we can come to some sort of arrangement, which won't involve pulling your arms and legs off btw, if it's not for you then at least you can strike it off your shopping list.

hth

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    If this is of interest Steve.

I have a mint 95K in .22 sat in my wardrobe which is very much loved but very much undershot. I am not a million miles from you and you are welcome to borrow/shoot/spend some time with it and come to your own conclusion.

If you like it we can come to some sort of arrangement, which won't involve pulling your arms and legs off btw, if it's not for you then at least you can strike it off your shopping list.

hth
    Thanks for the offer I’ll bear it in mind

Thanks for the offer I’ll bear it in mind
    You're welcome, there's no obligation either way whatsoever .

A HW99 seems the obvious choice- can pick one up second hand for about 160 quid. Light and enough power for hunting if that is something you eventually want to do.
    Stage 1 SFS HW80k with Airmaster Dominator stock and silencer.
    Paul Short stage 2 tuned HW95k with a Luke Jolly trigger.
    Wonky Donkey stage 2 tuned HW99s

Quote Originally Posted by mrmatty View Post
    A HW99 seems the obvious choice- can pick one up second hand for about 160 quid. Light and enough power for hunting if that is something you eventually want to do.
    All the 95’s I’ve seen second hand are north of £250 and are a hundred miles away. What happened to the 2/3’s of new second hand price? They’re £345 brand new with warranty for the latest one with silencer at Redbeck gun shop. I’m tempted by the ones at Kirklees guns at £250 with the barrel weight but I really need one with a silencer, all my neighbours are elderly and think anyone with an airgun is a cat killing maniac. I need to stay covert.

All the 95’s I’ve seen second hand are north of £250 and are a hundred miles away. What happened to the 2/3’s of new second hand price? They’re £345 brand new with warranty for the latest one with silencer at Redbeck gun shop. I’m tempted by the ones at Kirklees guns at £250 with the barrel weight but I really need one with a silencer, all my neighbours are elderly and think anyone with an airgun is a cat killing maniac. I need to stay covert.
    I don't find much difference in muzzle report from the 16" barrel Vs the 12" with moderator, on a springer a long barrel really quietens things down also I find the 16" barrel weight version much better to shoot the 12" ones are more flippy and hold sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I don't find much difference in muzzle report from the 16" barrel Vs the 12" with moderator, on a springer a long barrel really quietens things down also I find the 16" barrel weight version much better to shoot the 12" ones are more flippy and hold sensitive.
    Got ready to go over to Kirklees guns to have a look at the 95’s with barrel weight they’re selling at £250 new.

Phoned them to check they still have them.

Shut Wednesdays

Got ready to go over to Kirklees guns to have a look at the 95’s with barrel weight they’re selling at £250 new.

Shut Wednesdays
    I've drove over before to find them shut with it being Wednesday, I find them a decent shop and redbeck is worth giving a call to see if they have anything nice in stock that's used.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I've drove over before to find them shut with it being Wednesday, I find them a decent shop and redbeck is worth giving a call to see if they have anything nice in stock that's used.
    I’ve not used them much to be honest but they seemed ok when I bought my CZ452 from them.

Shut Wednesdays
    Doh!!

Just had a look on there website if they do have stock they also list the 99s and the Walther Terrus plus the cheaper Remington and stoegers etc pretty much should cover all bases so a good chance to handle and see what you think.

Although the new special price for the .177 HW95k they have is a pretty good deal.