Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting back into the sport, rifle choice?

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Doh!!

Just had a look on there website if they do have stock they also list the 99s and the Walther Terrus plus the cheaper Remington and stoegers etc pretty much should cover all bases so a good chance to handle and see what you think.

Although the new special price for the .177 HW95k they have is a pretty good deal.
    The price they have for a new 95 is cheaper than all second hand ones I’ve seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    The price they have for a new 95 is cheaper than all second hand ones I’ve seen!
    Yep

They also seem to take an age to sell second hand as well for some reason

I personally have never gelled with the 95k tried all sorts from brand new to tuned versions just find them too long especially for a carbine.

Never tried the barrel weight version though, although I thought they were more a full length version back in the day but looks like theres also the k version with barrel weight as per the shop your looking at.

HW99S light incredibly forgiving can’t fault mine

Went over to Kirklees Guns this morning and picked up a brand new Hw95 for £250. Yes it’s the longer barrel version with the barrel weight instead of a moderator but I’m happy

Actually, I think it's the better rifle
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Actually, I think it's the better rifle
    From what I’ve read from a few sources, the extra weight from the longer barrel and muzzle weight really does help with muzzle flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    From what I’ve read from a few sources, the extra weight from the longer barrel and muzzle weight really does help with muzzle flip.
    I've got one of the older barrel weight versions...a truly fantastic rifle … as accurate as any top end gun as well, the 95 barrels are one of the best HW produce.

You wont be disappointed at all

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    I've got one of the older barrel weight versions...a truly fantastic rifle … as accurate as any top end gun as well, the 95 barrels are one of the best HW produce.

You wont be disappointed at all

Cheers Steve
    I got the scope mounted yesterday and let off a few rounds into the phone book. Straight through no messing, although it’s only about a half inch thick these days. It’s a little twangy but I suspect it’ll settle down through use. Nice rifle though, trigger is crisp and predictable

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I love my full length, barrel weight 95. I don't find it "flippy" and it's not as long as people think. In favt it's shorter than the HW99 with cut down barrel and mod.

Good choice and very good find that man
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Glad you got sorted with the 95 Steve.... looks like a good choice and a very good price.

Hope you enjoy using it.

A’ the Best, Graeme 😎