Thread: A Different Calibre, Letchworth airgun shop has shut

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A Different Calibre, Letchworth airgun shop has shut

I've just seen on Google that A Different Calibre, an airgun shop in Letchworth has shut down. Went in there and a few times. Last time, stocks seemed down. It had quite a nice indoor range and a shame that they had to close.

Anyone know the reasons why? Or if they're moving?
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

I used to go there quite a few years ago but found the owner a bit weird. I cant remember his name, but one day he was fine and the next day he was a right dick. Guess we all have our bad days. And by memory, I don't think that there was a shooting range at the premises then either
    Last edited by luckymjr; 21-01-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Shut some time ago.... Went from being a shop to a shop/range
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Shut some time ago.... Went from being a shop to a shop/range
    O right. I last went there a good 5/6 months ago I think. And stocks were noticeably down. I did order a BSA gun case from them in the past which took ages to arrive. could have easily gone online but wanted to support the local. I think the excuse was that they had to kept waiting to make a carriage paid order, then there were delays etc etc. Was worried that they might be doing this to others and in which case, thought they wouldn't last long. Think the range had quite a few who used to attend but I suppose that alone could not keep the business going .

I don't think the owner was the weird one, I think it was the main guy who worked there who seemed quite opinionated abut things, miserable and annoying about things. Can easily see how he could p 1$s people off.

Must have just not been profitable then. Shame they couldn't make it work.
    Last edited by danco1987; 21-01-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

I have spent over £100 attending the range, was not cheap probably low attendance