Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300 bar conversion to 232 bar filling

300 bar conversion to 232 bar filling

I am just in the process of buying a Feinwerkbau 700 Evolution Top 10 metre match rifle. The shop had no way to fill the tank but did have the Feinwerkbau filling adaptor with the gun. It has 5 male threads denoting it was a fitting for 232 bar cylinders. The 300 bar cylinders require 7 threads on the male end of the adaptor to fill the cylinder filling point without letting any air escape.

I made a call to Best Fittings and they sold me the linked item and fitted a quick release fitting for a standard hose. Job done.

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...e-18-bsp-male/

The overall cost including first class postage was just £24. Fantastic service and I spoke with Tracy during several calls, just to confirm that I was buying the most suitable items. Very helpful and a big shout out to Best Fittings. I have never used them before and I have no connection to the company. It is great to see that customer service is alive and well. Highly recommended and saved me buying a 232 bar cylinder.
    Feinwerkbau 700 Evolution Top - Air Arms Alfa Pro J

you was robbed!

surely you only needed this much cheaper adapter ...

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/a...g-solid-brass/
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

: 300 bar conversion to 232 bar filling

Yeah but it's for a feinwerkbau innit? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post

Then you'd still only have 5 threads holding the adapter in place. There's a reason they have 7 in 300 bar, and there's a reason they test for thread stretch when cylinders are tested.

That model airgun has 200bar fill pressure. Are you trying to fill it to 300bar?

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    That model airgun has 200bar fill pressure. Are you trying to fill it to 300bar?
    No he's trying to fill it from a 300 bar cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamHenderson View Post

Thanks for the thought. I wanted to put the Feinwerkbau adaptor on a quick release hose and use my 300 bar cylinder to fill it to 200 bar.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Then you'd still only have 5 threads holding the adapter in place. There's a reason they have 7 in 300 bar, and there's a reason they test for thread stretch when cylinders are tested.
    Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    Absolutely not. I know that it has a 200 bar fill pressure and I want to fill it from my 300 bar cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Yeah but it's for a feinwerkbau innit? LOL

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Hi Jepho

I had to read this thread a couple of times to get my head round it and now I understand that you already have the charging gear, but not the correct adaptor for your new Feinwerkbau to connect direct to the cylinder, so you had two options - 1. Is the option you chose for a quick release adapter so you can use it with your existing kit, or 2. Which is the cheap spacer that would allow you to use the Feinwerkbau filling adaptor that came with the gun?

This is also true on the HW100 with the two brass fittings it comes with, but no spacer!

I've read a couple of you posts now, so welcome to the forum, you seem quite a switched on guy

Enjoy.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I’ve owned several pcp’s with removable cylinders, Anschutz, Steyr and Walther. Walther are the only ones I know who supply a 300 bar adapter in the box. That said I believe they are also the only ones who allow a fill (on their steel cylinders) to 300 so perhaps it’s a case of other makes not wanting you to connect a 300 bar source to a 200 bar cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Hi Jepho

I've read a couple of you posts now, so welcome to the forum, you seem quite a switched on guy

Enjoy.

James
    Hi James;
    Thanks for the welcome. Dunno about switched on... I have waited all my life to be an old curmudgeon and I wont be denied now I am an old fart.

I’ve owned several pcp’s with removable cylinders, Anschutz, Steyr and Walther. Walther are the only ones I know who supply a 300 bar adapter in the box. That said I believe they are also the only ones who allow a fill (on their steel cylinders) to 300 so perhaps it’s a case of other makes not wanting you to connect a 300 bar source to a 200 bar cylinder.
    It is usually down to the German propensity for making rules and obeying them. Probably something at the committee stage... where the CEO states that the company must prevent its customers from hurting themselves.

I once worked for a few years in the Republic of Ireland. I was talking with a German colleague who had visited Ireland. He was unable to see how I could live there. When I asked him why, he said there were no rules.

While factually accurate, none of the components between the cylinder outlet & the rifle should ever experience anymore pressure than the rifle max fill because that's when the cyl valve gets shut.
    That's why the DIN airgun charging kits have a 225bar swp rather than 300bar

A point that anyone thinking of buying a rifle that fills above 225bar needs to note.