Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another HW80. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Enough boys! I'm getting jealous of your extra girth
    If you cant beat em join em Nick im sure you must have an 80 tucked away somewhere crying out for a quarter bore transplant all the cool kids are doing it

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I only popped into the shop to pick up a PCP that needed resealing, but you know how these things go.....

"Anything interesting?" Is my usual opening gambit. This time a full length mk2 Hw80 was brought down from the rack. "Fella bought it years back and only fired a dozen shots".
    Yeah, I've heard that one before. Still, the price was right so it came home with me.

I'd barely got through the door when some screwdrivers fell out onto the table and gave me the sad eye treatment my black lab is so good at. A couple of minutes later and I am finding evidence of little to no use; the breech block has the lightest of cockng marks on one side and none on the other. The trigger and cocking slot are still covered in orange goo and there is not a single mark on the screw heads or trigger pins. Wahey!

The gun dates from 2001 so it has no safety warnings stamped into it, the proper 15.6mm ID spring and a 13.6 OD rear guide! That explains the twanging then.

Anyway, it's back together, shooting sweetly and ready for a little armed ramblng at the weekend.

Bring on the snow!

[IMG][/IMG]
    I think I want a .20 or .22 ultra carbine version of one of these in a cs800 stock for a go to springy hunter with my Meopta Artemis 4x32 on top
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I think I want a .20 or .22 ultra carbine version of one of these in a cs800 stock for a go to springy hunter with my Meopta Artemis 4x32 on top
    Oooohh suits you sir i reckon you need one for carting about on your new motorbike mate. It would be far more compact than the full length 77 bud which means really your only buying it to make riding to the bash safer. Therefore the missus cant complain

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Oooohh suits you sir i reckon you need one for carting about on your new motorbike mate. It would be far more compact than the full length 77 bud which means really your only buying it to make riding to the bash safer. Therefore the missus cant complain

Chris
    A .20 80 definitely screams "do everything" gun... And yes, short easy to carry...... Shame my theoben has such a bad trigger as that is the same beast without a spring!!
    But yes, I'll be considering it!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Chris there was a new .25 barrel for an 80 in the sales section last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Chris there was a new .25 barrel for an 80 in the sales section last night.
    I saw it today ..... after it sold, never mind matey. Think I'm going to order one of the screwcut ones from das farter land

Chris

Better idea 👍