Quote Originally Posted by roster11 View Post
Iv had plenty of dealings with JB over the years, the S10 i own is a MK2 and is still going strong, pellet on pellet to 50yard. Yes, recently i sent it back to John for a stage 2 blueprint and yes he did suggest it to be done after the rifle had been in hibernation for about 2 years. It had totally given up on firing with the amount of verdigris that had built up in that time. At the same time he stripped both buddy bottles and rebuilt them (free of charge) and they're like new again. I think what needs mentioning here is that his lifetime warranty cant be expected to be used after neglect. And leaving a regged PCP rifle in a cupboard for years without firing it is neglect lol. Like bear said I think the only other option than the high grade plastic reg is to return your rifle in bits then that's £40 wasted in postage plus you having to find someone to fit an expensive new reg.
I can sympathise with the OP here.
Its not the quality of the reg that's in question or how little the rifle had been used.
Its the fact that work had apparently been carried out on the rifle without the owner's consent and the owner then being billed for something that he didn't expect.

I've always understood John's work carried a lifetime guarantee. Is that now a guarantee subject to certain conditions ? If so those conditions need to be made very clear