This applies to all bsa R10's with standard regs or any that have been blueprinted by John Bowkett. I can't comment on other aftermarket regs from the information I have. I just heard from JB today after sending my sons R10 to be repaired, that he'd fitted his "new" reg design & it would cost me £100+£20 return postage. He told me before I sent it about his new regs, with some new engineering plastic parts inside that prevented the build up of verdegris on the brass reg body & would prevent this fault occuring again. I politely declined the new reg option & said I just wanted it fixed-as per his "lifetime warrenty." Now I do know that regged guns must be shot regulary to keep them working well. But we just havn't had time to use the R10 for the past 3-4 years.( too busy looking after my mum with altzeimers before she died last feb) So imagine my reaction when he told me this today when I was expecting maybe to have to pay the return postage at most.( The gun had already been back to him a year or 2 after blueprinting to have the power re-set as it'd become a bit hot.) Here's the best bit though-when I asked him if this new reg would totally prevent the verdegis build up again he said no! Then why did you fit it, when I asked you not to", I replied? "Because I'm sick of messing around with those rubbish bsa regs was his reply!!!" So shoot those R10's at least once a week folks & don't believe any lifetime warrenty unless you have it in writing & checked by your lawyer first.(not scribbled on a scrap of paper in biro! How I wish I'd recorded those two phone conversations now. I commented on the blueprinted hornet carbine I've got now & how much better built it seemed than the R10 & he told me those were the last well built pcp's bsa made btw,a conclusion i'd already came to myself....anyone wanna buy an R10...LOL.