Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0.25 RWS Superdome pellets

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fixit-Norm View Post
    The other question I wanted to ask, as I’m almost certainly not going the FAC route, I can sort the transfer port so it only has one transfer hole, but is there anyway to work out how big it needs to be to give power readings around 11.0. - 11.5ftlbs ?

Any help gratefully received

Norm
    halfway between the two sizes you have tried ? 2.0-3.5 mm is normally the range, so start low end and open up very slowly.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    halfway between the two sizes you have tried ? 2.0-3.5 mm is normally the range, so start low end and open up very slowly.
    Cheers for that, I’ll have to accurately measure the two, the larger hole is at least 4mm, possibly a bit larger

I did wonder if the relationship between the diameter of the hole and the volume of air that can pass through is similar to the figures used for liquid flow through a pipe ? If I remember correctly from my R&D days in the food industry, doubling the diameter increases the volume four times ?

I’ll increase it to 2mm and go from there.

Norm 🙂

make a few tp's and go up in sizes till you get close but you may find a bigger port with a shorter hammer stroke or lighter hammer may give better consistency