Thread: SIG Sauer ASP20

SIG Sauer ASP20

Cheers for posting.

I stopped watching after the accuracy testing. Hardly flattering really, was it?

Wonder if it's a bit of a one-off as many testers have reported much better accuracy?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers for posting.

I stopped watching after the accuracy testing. Hardly flattering really, was it?

Wonder if it's a bit of a one-off as many testers have reported much better accuracy?
    Some say it works better with the Sig brand pellets but Tyler commented when a viewer asked if they tried them that they were H&N pellets branded Sig and they tried them too.

Could be any number of reasons for one to shoot badly as we know when other rifles shoot better than one or two duffers from a batch..

I won't be getting rid of my longbow for one that's for sure, also they call the trigger system their match trigger yet it breaks around 3lb that ain't no match trigger!

I was hoping for it to be good but im not sure it will be.

0.51” at 30 yards and 0.7” at 45 yards. That is not bad. Admittedly with only one pellet, all others being worse, some much worse, and only 5-shot groups, but...

“BB” on the blog got a number of sub-0.5” groups at 25, and one under 1/3 of an inch, but reported that it is quite hold sensitive.

My jury is still out on this. Is it an ugly thing with much hype that doesn’t translate to real-world performance, or an ugly thing with some good features that performs well? Dunno yet. And no-one knows how the putative 12 ft-lbs version will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    0.51” at 30 yards and 0.7” at 45 yards. That is not bad. Admittedly with only one pellet, all others being worse, some much worse, and only 5-shot groups
    Not good either in my view, Geez. Easily surpassed with any quality springer......many "budget" ones too, to be fair. And the tester took the time to try lots of different pellet types.

I'm not against new guns coming to the market to rock the establishment, indeed it's something to welcome. Not convinced with this new offering, though. And I know looks are most definitely subjective but there are many aspects of the looks of this rifle that really don't "do it" for me, most especially that safety catch.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Globally sourced parts ..hmmmm! I wonder .

Also just to add solware have them advertised at £520 I can't imagine they will sell too well over here.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Also just to add solware have them advertised at £520 I can't imagine they will sell too well over here.
    I had a diana 350 n-tec in walnut, brand new for less than half that. I really think they will struggle to sell it at that price