Thread: daystate airwolf won't fire

daystate airwolf won't fire

Hi lads need a little help i got a daystate airwolf here but won't fire its the older version without digital display
    it dont do anything when i pull the trigger the battery is fully charged and the gun has air.

i have looked and checked the micro switch i have had the board out and it all looks fine.
    and i can hold the trigger and set the gun to a default setting
    buy hold the trigger in until the 7th beep is heard. but for some reason it will not fire

Any advice would be appreciated,

thanks ant..

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    These guns have a key switch underneath, has it moved? Have you tried making sure it's turned on with the key - turn it off/on again?

As it's not a display version it's easy to get "lost" in the program is you don't know what it's doing, and some parts of the 10 year old original instructions were incorrect - I wrote these for myself to keep me right on non IS Airwolves/MK4s

It may be you have the mag counter set and it thinks it's empty or something silly like that.

Hope this helps in some way.

A guide to the Mk4 MCT settings:

1 Bleep Resets the shot counter for the magazine

2 Bleeps Turns the safety catch light on and off - 1 bleep off, 2 bleeps on

3 Bleeps Turns the magazine shot counter on/off - 1 bleep on, 2 bleeps off

4 Bleeps Low pressure warning. The warning can be set from 50BAR+. each trigger pull adds 10BAR to the level at which the warning goes off

5 Bleeps Power adjustment. Each trigger pull reduces the power 1 stage of 16 increments

6 Bleeps Single shot mode

7 Beeps Reset to factory defaults

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Not being silly but have you checked battery voltage with a meter? It can happen that a battery is left 'on charge' but will not take the charge.

If you are able, try making up a battery pack with a 9v battery and check if it works then...... I did this once but had to get the correct connector for the battery but it did show the built in battery was at fault, not the rifle itself.
    Cheers, Phil

Hi yes key switch underneath is turned on and i already followed that guide
    and like i say Reset to factory defaults it all works / beeps as it should but it dont fire
    and already made up a battery pack with a 9v battery and still nothing

ant..

It may be worth a call to Dave at Staffordshire Custom Rifles. He's an ex Daystate employee who has started up on his own and has an excellent reputation and will be a lot cheaper than Daystate if it has to be repaired.

daystate

My mvt done that anthony after I had travelled up to my shooting grounds hour and half away,,,,I sent it back to daystate ,,,then I got hit with a 230 pounds bill including postage from my dealer,,,may be a different case with yours but the faults were a electronics sensor had packed up and it required a new wiring loom as well,,,also the battery was faulty even though it was charged regularly.
    Last edited by ferrets123; 23-01-2019 at 04:14 PM.

thanks guys by the sounds of it best give Dave at Custom Rifles a call and see what he says
    but if he cant help then ill give daystate call

ant..

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Good luck, I hope it's not over £200, but the gun must be around 10 years old by now?, so if this is all you have spent on it your doing ok in the long run. The past few threads I've read lately were all about failed regs, which cost the same kind of money, and they seem to be going at an alarming rate in some guns/manufacturers, so no one is safe form a big bill, it's not just e guns.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired