Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
Hi. Yes I mean the stamping on the cylinder, and word for word the stamping actually says:

H THE "LINCOLN" AIR RIFLE. PATENT 8761/04.

The serial number on the trigger block is: 14937. Many thanks.
Yes it is a 6th batch BSA.

Right I personally think it might be a bitsa. My reason for doing so is that the early BSA rifles would have had "THE BSA AIR RIFLE (LINCOLN JEFFRIES PATTERN) stamped on the cylinder. But that is only on the first few batches of BSA rifles (they dropped the "LINCOLN JEFFRIES PATTERN" in 1906 and just had "THE BSA AIR RIFLE" or "BSA AIR RIFLE).

So it looks like a cylinder and barrel off a Lincoln but a trigger block and stock off a BSA. I dont think it would have left the factory like that since the two parts were made in separate places (LJ was still making them in his workshop at this time). I have found in some Bitsa I have owned that if you are lucky you can get some parts that fit together and make a bloody decent rifle. That is what I think this is. Though like someone else has said, check to see if there is a serial number under the barrel (it will be hidden by the lever) Though I have only seen the later ones (Standards and CS models) have their serial numbers stamped in this place.

Im sure someone with more knowledge on here will help the truth come to light!