Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our friend (RQMS) on Freeads has some new "bargains"

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Found it, interesting reading!
    Come on then, what forum we looking at?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

On airgunforum, they call him mr shouty man!
    So on all sides the guys a total loonie!

advertised a few guns on there last year. offered me £70 for my air arms khamsin. this was a walnut thumbhole stock,brass trigger and guard. i said you are having a laugh m8. he said the old air arms don't fetch much. i sold kit for £350 messaged him back and told him. he told me i was lucky as they do not fetch over a ton max. the guy is a bandit and a complete tool.

I like the BSA Spitfire "THE BSA CLASSIC BREAK BARREL PCP AIR RIFLE"
    BSA R10 Mk2 .177 V Discovery Hi 4-16 x 44 SF IR
    AA S510 .177 Konus 4-16x44 SF IR
    Walther RM8 .22 Hawke 4-12 x 50 AO IR

Wonder if he's registered to deal in firearms...because a collector he most certainly isn't,having said that at least you get a giggle from his over inflated ads
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Wonder if he's registered to deal in firearms...because a collector he most certainly isn't,having said that at least you get a giggle from his over inflated ads
    Yes, but, if he gets nicked for undoubted violations of the VCRA rules on selling “by way of trade or business” (not to mention whether he is declaring his business to HMRC for tax purposes), the case law risks impeding other genuine collectors who decide to shrink down their holdings, or who think twice about multiple items after auction buys.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Yes, but, if he gets nicked for undoubted violations of the VCRA rules on selling “by way of trade or business” (not to mention whether he is declaring his business to HMRC for tax purposes), the case law risks impeding other genuine collectors who decide to shrink down their holdings, or who think twice about multiple items after auction buys.
    I see what you mean but the authorities would have to prove it,am I right in saying you can sell 12 guns a year and anything over that would suggest your dealing?
    If that is the case then no worries about him being busted as I doubt he sells 1 a year never mind 12....anyone want an asi sniper,a snip @£395
    All joking aside I'm sure the authorities can tell the difference between a genuine collector and somebody dealing from behind the 'collector' badge.
    Last edited by weebster; 29-01-2019 at 01:22 AM.

I see what you mean but the authorities would have to prove it,am I right in saying you can sell 12 guns a year and anything over that would suggest your dealing?
    If that is the case then no worries about him being busted as I doubt he sells 1 a year never mind 12....anyone want an asi sniper,a snip @£395
    All joking aside I'm sure the authorities can tell the difference between a genuine collector and somebody dealing from behind the 'collector' badge.
    The thing is as well, all they have to do to gather evidence is to research his internet activity and if they stumble across his forum accounts (with a little help from an imaginary disgruntled customer) and see what he's been buying and trying or more likely 'apparently' selling and they'll see he's not a proper collector, have you noticed that there's a Paypal sign by each rifle, I bet they wouldn't be too happy if they found out.

Funny you should mention the selling of 12 a year but when I looked before I started this thread it said "SOLD:12" and then by the next day a lot of the sold items lower down the list had vanished and the new SOLD number now said 4, so may be he is trying to cover his tracks.

I've just seen his total amount of sales is 117 and he's been on there since 2015, so that makes an average of 29 sales a year, fair enough that might not all be gun sales but it's still rather close to the 12 a year ruling.

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 29-01-2019 at 06:14 AM.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by mart46 View Post
    I like the BSA Spitfire "THE BSA CLASSIC BREAK BARREL PCP AIR RIFLE"
    Yes ... strange but true. I believe its brother was the Firebird, an underlever cocking pcp. Very nice rifles.
    Cheers, Phil

The Paypal thing is nothing to do with guns tbh,its a means by which freeads verify genuine sellers etc and appears on everything if you link a paypal account to your freeads account,doesn't mean he gets payments through paypal for rifles etc.
    It would be a shame to see him go imo as the ads are always worth a giggle

The Paypal thing is nothing to do with guns tbh,its a means by which freeads verify genuine sellers etc and appears on everything if you link a paypal account to your freeads account,doesn't mean he gets payments through paypal for rifles etc.
    It would be a shame to see him go imo as the ads are always worth a giggle
    The trouble is the Paypal thing could be very misleading, especially if you're new to the sport and don't know about Paypals hatred of all things shooting, could cause a bit of grief.

I agree his ads are amusing but it does get my goat up that he's charging people extortionate prices, I know he can charge what he wants and he's basically an opportunist and if he can catch out one in every ten buyers then he's done well but it still doesn't seem right, I suppose at the end of the day, if he had a rifle which I was desperate to have and was about £100 over the top, then I'd probably buy it but I'd have a go at beating him down first.

Pete

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    The trouble is the Paypal thing could be very misleading, especially if you're new to the sport and don't know about Paypals hatred of all things shooting, could cause a bit of grief.

I agree his ads are amusing but it does get my goat up that he's charging people extortionate prices, I know he can charge what he wants and he's basically an opportunist and if he can catch out one in every ten buyers then he's done well but it still doesn't seem right, I suppose at the end of the day, if he had a rifle which I was desperate to have and was about £100 over the top, then I'd probably buy it but I'd have a go at beating him down first.

Pete

Pete
    You have a valid point concerning the paypal button but at the end of the day it's down to the account holder to read their Ts & Cs regarding the use of their paypal account.

Airsporter S .22

He's not happy,who is it dare pull out of the deal

Anybody spot the sold omega and the one for sale are the exact same gun?

Looking through his sold ads . Some have people's names against them. I wonder if that is so he can remember what ones HAVE sold. So he can keep track and not relist them after they never sold in the first place.