Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Our friend (RQMS) on Freeads has some new "bargains"

£475 for a Scorpion pistol complete with a manuel safety catch,que?

Continuing the Basil Fawlty theme.
    See Look No Hands

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Looking through his sold ads . Some have people's names against them. I wonder if that is so he can remember what ones HAVE sold. So he can keep track and not relist them after they never sold in the first place.
    Spot on....he deletes them as sold then relists the same gun a couple of weeks later,thats some collection he's got...must have an industrial warehouse rented somewhere just to store them in
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    Spot on....he deletes them as sold then relists the same gun a couple of weeks later,thats some collection he's got...must have an industrial warehouse rented somewhere just to store them in
    Surely questions must be asked as to whether he has a dealers licence with all the guns he selling and sold.?

Quote Originally Posted by weebster View Post
    I looked at the omega he has for sale .he has at least two listed one sold one for sale. Only difference is the scopes . The same rifle ? I think so. Says it's sold but in fact he has changed the scope and re listed it.

Has anyone on here ever met the guy ?
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I would be afraid to meet him.

Anybody for some cheap .25 pellets...

easy to report on freeads as a con mam ...dealer
    whale oil beef hooked

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I looked at the omega he has for sale .he has at least two listed one sold one for sale. Only difference is the scopes . The same rifle ? I think so. Says it's sold but in fact he has changed the scope and re listed it.
    that what i put on the thread. they are the same gun. he just does it to bump up his sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Has anyone on here ever met the guy ?
    Does he even exist?

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I bought an Original Model 6M from him a few months ago for what I thought was a reasonable price, £180. It was sold as being in mint condition but when it arrived it wasn't a s described, there were some flaws on the paintwork. Also the seals were shot, it wouldn't fire a pellet clear of the barrel. I contacted him & was asked to put some oil in the transfer ports & leave overnight to see if this rectified the problem. The following day I tried shooting it again& though pellets were now leaving the barrel the power was quite obviously lacking. To his credit he not only accepted my returning it, he also refunded the carriage charges both ways. He may be a bit of an Arthur Daly but he stands behind what he sells.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    I bought an Original Model 6M from him a few months ago for what I thought was a reasonable price, £180. It was sold as being in mint condition but when it arrived it wasn't a s described, there were some flaws on the paintwork. Also the seals were shot, it wouldn't fire a pellet clear of the barrel. I contacted him & was asked to put some oil in the transfer ports & leave overnight to see if this rectified the problem. The following day I tried shooting it again& though pellets were now leaving the barrel the power was quite obviously lacking. To his credit he not only accepted my returning it, he also refunded the carriage charges both ways. He may be a bit of an Arthur Daly but he stands behind what he sells.
    Did he say it was just serviced by his airgunsmith ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    So he sold you a pistol described as "mint" with three major faults with it and wanted £180 but he stands behind what he sells? He only accepted the return of the pistol because it would destroy what reputation he has got if he didn't, and he knows he would never get another sale by some punter not clued up on what he was buying. I think you were very very lucky you got a refund and the guy sounds very Arthur daily and best avoided by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    So he sold you a pistol described as "mint" with three major faults with it and wanted £180 but he stands behind what he sells?...

I think you were very very lucky you got a refund and the guy sounds very Arthur daily and best avoided by everyone.
    Indeed. A good but not perfect physical condition LP6M (no box, extras) with shagged seals is worth maybe £60. With OK seals, about £120.

Angry he has a bsa for sale

I asked about the bsa he has for sale at this time, I asked if he had proof of what he is selling is genuine, the abuse I received was incredible, ok my knowledge might not be the best but... this it how it went,..

You

Hi, what paperwork do you have to confirm it's originality? As it has a scope on it that would make it a MK2 Scorpion, they come out some 8 years after the Buccaneer?

If you had taken chance to know your history of bsa pistols and rifles this was towards the end of production of the scorpion pistol the Buccaneers barrel that was once a meteor barrel was applied to this at the factory but was very quickly rejected and as far as I know
    Only 3 were ever known to be produced.
    But I bow to your superior knowledge if you can tell me more on this very rare pistol.
    Id be intrigued to know more.
    This I doubt as your errors on your previous statement.
    some times its wise to say nothing when you have very limited information or know nothing at all This is not a public forum I suggest you ply your trade on the appropriate sites where those that know little ply their trade only to embarrass themselves by those that know better but wouldn't bother themselves in that endless twaddle they spurt out on air guns and bbs perhaps this may suit along with the rest of the paper hankie brigade

I told him to shove it up his bum

Guns and boats .... works for me