Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Our friend (RQMS) on Freeads has some new "bargains"

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Howard View Post
    I asked about the bsa he has for sale at this time, I asked if he had proof of what he is selling is genuine, the abuse I received was incredible, ok my knowledge might not be the best but... this it how it went,..

You

Hi, what paperwork do you have to confirm it's originality? As it has a scope on it that would make it a MK2 Scorpion, they come out some 8 years after the Buccaneer?

If you had taken chance to know your history of bsa pistols and rifles this was towards the end of production of the scorpion pistol the Buccaneers barrel that was once a meteor barrel was applied to this at the factory but was very quickly rejected and as far as I know
    Only 3 were ever known to be produced.
    But I bow to your superior knowledge if you can tell me more on this very rare pistol.
    Id be intrigued to know more.
    This I doubt as your errors on your previous statement.
    some times its wise to say nothing when you have very limited information or know nothing at all This is not a public forum I suggest you ply your trade on the appropriate sites where those that know little ply their trade only to embarrass themselves by those that know better but wouldn't bother themselves in that endless twaddle they spurt out on air guns and bbs perhaps this may suit along with the rest of the paper hankie brigade

I told him to shove it up his bum

has anyone talked to him?
    Guns and boats .... works for me

Just sold my collection on Freeads

I’ve just sold most of my collection on freeads, Down to 4 spring Rifles now and 2 Pistols, I managed to sell over 30 give or take a couple,All at reasonable prices, most I would say at max £10-20 each profit. I had £20 worth of enjoyment owning them so selling them wasn’t about making vast ridiculous profits Just financing some FAC rifles.
    Yes the guy is a chancer and a bit of a Tool but in this world if some idiot who can’t be bothered to search the internet before buying an overpriced Rifle it serves them right for being lazy. But what I don’t like is his Blatant lies telling prospective buyers they are all from his “Collection “ then that’s totally wrong.

As someone alluded to,there could be mental health issues involved.

The sporadic appearance of the ads. and their content, an indicator perhaps?.

I know he's a bit of an oddball at the very least, but I have spoken to him a couple of times, ignoring the bullshit I told him what I was prepared to pay for two Trackers that I was interested in, he accepted my offer and I got them, one almost mint with walnut stock and the other with beech stock, neither had been used much if at all, I stripped them and rebuilt them, they certainly hadn't been to any gunsmith lol

But I'm very happy, he also put in a couple of decent old scopes in good condition, both Apollo 3 star, so he's not as bad as he looks lol
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

theres some right muppets on that freeads.i had a hw99s boxed spanking brand new with richter optic 3-9x40 scope plus sports match 1 piece mount,i was after a very fair £160 which i got,but 1 cracker offered me £110 lol i messaged him haha no chance,he messaged me back,right im going give ya good hiding when i see ya lol.i dont bother with freeads now.

The list of sold items includes the prototype Scorpion pistol at £475.

Maybe he knows something we don't

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post

Maybe he knows something we don't
    Or he still has it but marked it sold 😉

He could possibly put it up again and when some one checks his sold items they may see the "sold" one and think the one for sale is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Jimmy Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Or he still has it but marked it sold 😉

He could possibly put it up again and when some one checks his sold items they may see the "sold" one and think the one for sale is legit.
    This.

I have an old Diana LP5 pistol and I’m pretty sure i could swap on the barrel from my Diana LG25 rifle. Anyone want to give me £475 for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Howard View Post
    I asked about the bsa he has for sale at this time, I asked if he had proof of what he is selling is genuine, the abuse I received was incredible, ok my knowledge might not be the best but... this it how it went,..

You

Hi, what paperwork do you have to confirm it's originality? As it has a scope on it that would make it a MK2 Scorpion, they come out some 8 years after the Buccaneer?

If you had taken chance to know your history of bsa pistols and rifles this was towards the end of production of the scorpion pistol the Buccaneers barrel that was once a meteor barrel was applied to this at the factory but was very quickly rejected and as far as I know
    Only 3 were ever known to be produced.
    But I bow to your superior knowledge if you can tell me more on this very rare pistol.
    Id be intrigued to know more.
    This I doubt as your errors on your previous statement.
    some times its wise to say nothing when you have very limited information or know nothing at all This is not a public forum I suggest you ply your trade on the appropriate sites where those that know little ply their trade only to embarrass themselves by those that know better but wouldn't bother themselves in that endless twaddle they spurt out on air guns and bbs perhaps this may suit along with the rest of the paper hankie brigade

I told him to shove it up his bum

I thought Buccaneers had Mercury rather than Meteor barrels

I once arranged to view a Milbro 'from his collection'; he put me off visiting for a couple of days and then sold it to someone else. I wouldn't want to deal with someone like that again.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I thought Buccaneers had Mercury rather than Meteor barrels

John
    Apparently John, the Scorpion/Buccaneer breech and barrels are unique to them and no other BSA barrel will fit them.

The cylinder ID and the piston seal of the Scorpion is the same as a Mercury rather than a Meteor though.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Apparently John, the Scorpion/Buccaneer breech and barrels are unique to them and no other BSA barrel will fit them.

The cylinder ID and the piston seal of the Scorpion is the same as a Mercury rather than a Meteor though.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick,

John Knibbs claims in The Golden Century that barrels for the Buccaneer were adapted from Mercury rather than Meteor stock and this makes sense as they're blued rather than stove enamelled/painted. I guess they would have had to adapt the breech to fit the 'Scorpion' action.

I recently bought a Shadow Carbine and tbh I think it would have made a popular little airgun today due to its short overall length, 'tactical' look and accuracy. Bit limited in power though.

Kind regards,

John

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

All the best Mick
    I'm not overly clued up on these but I think the breech block is smaller than the Mercury block and the pivot pin hole and cocking lever hole are spaced differently as well.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Don't be fooled by his sold items too. He can mark any item sold even if it never sold ,Just makes it look like he has sold them at the prices he asks.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the law didn't become interested in so many privately sold guns (Whether or not they were actually sold!) As I thought that only licenced dealers could sell so many!!

I seem to think there's a limit on the amount [private folk can sell in 12 months (Maybe wrong though )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the law didn't become interested in so many privately sold guns (Whether or not they were actually sold!) As I thought that only licenced dealers could sell so many!!

I seem to think there's a limit on the amount [private folk can sell in 12 months (Maybe wrong though )

John
    The law says that if you sell airguns “by way of trade or business”, you need to be an RFD.

Of course there’s a grey area. If you spot a couple of things at Kempton that you think are cheap, and then flip them for profit, is that “trade or business”? Probably not, and below the threshold that anyone ought to care.

I have a fair few airguns. If I suddenly needed to raise some money, and offered five or ten for sale, I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t be judged as a “trade or business”. It would be me selling some stuff, as a one-off.

But regularly and persistently buying stuff, including from traceable online auctions, and then immediately offering them for sale at higher prices. Well, to me, that’s not a collector reducing his long-acquired collection to get his brickwork re-pointed or to buy a rare £1500 Venom Lazaglide. That’s “trade or business”.

Which is why, I assume, shouty always claims to be a collector who is thinning out.

But he isn’t. He’s running a business.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post

John
    I was under that impression too. I remember being told that if you sell so many a year and buy so many a year to sell them you are a dealer.

One guy said but what if I buy a rifle and it is not what I want and it takes me a good few tries to find what I want .

That's different to buying to sell at profit .