Thread: Buxted HFT Winter series Round 2 - Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Course setters advantage!

If you know all the ranges and you have set wind 'tells' all over the place, you can't miss!

(try not to get yourself banned now simpleton..)
    This is only any good if you set the course and wrote all the yardages down so other people can't see them. What I usually do is add four yards just in case some one else can. I also find strategically placed trees are excellent windicators.

What I am finding though is Google Earth Pro is very useful for surveying a course you don't shoot very regularly or set targets out at. By going into the settings you can get up to date imagery allowing you in wood view to walk the course before getting there. I plug my computer into my TV and get a very clear view of the targets. By switching into terrain mode it lets you see all the bumps and hollows and by using the weather
    algorithm also built in gives you a very accurate windage prediction for each target to go with the yardage. I tend to write all this information down inside my scope enhancer as I don't find it any good for anything else.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Titter, titter

The word "enhancer" always makes me giggle

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2NgoPCpMLpteEJCQ9
    Last edited by Lol Moore; 29-01-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...