Thread: Reduced velocity .223"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reduced velocity .223"

Can anyone recommend a load for .223" Remington using REACH compliant powder that would give muzzle velocity under 2150 fps? It is for plinking with a Mini-14. Thanks in advance, Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo Jones View Post
    Can anyone recommend a load for .223" Remington using REACH compliant powder that would give muzzle velocity under 2150 fps? It is for plinking with a Mini-14. Thanks in advance, Jimbo
    Vihtavourhi Tinstar would be a trailboss equivalent, i bought a rifle recently with tinstar for 0.223 rifle went back so i don't have the data but if you know someone with QL they could work up a load for you
    Thanks for looking

Thanks 223AI, I'll have a look into Tin Star

Why not consider cast lead boolits and use of pistol powders to get velocities around 1200 to 1500 fps?

Hi dodgyrog, I'm afraid I don't know anything about cast boolits, always seemed like a dark art to me. Can you buy cast lead .223" or would I have to actually make them myself by melting wheel weights? I don't fancy that to be honest

Reduced loads .223 bullets...

Any pistol or shotgun powder...cast bullets or the H and N copper plated lead bullets...work well up to 2150fps.

amc577